Gaming PC build

tdeath101

hello, im currently making another gaming pc and i would like to know how well will this rig do, i plan to OC my processor and GPU and im a hard core AMD and Nvidia fan lol so i don't plan on switching to intel's C2D or ATI anytime soon.(very bad experience with a P4 and an old ATI card). if you have any suggestion please feel free to comment. thx again guys heres the build:

Case: APEVIA X-Dreamer II
MotherBoard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI
Processor: EDIT: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor
Video Card: ZOGIS ZO88GTX-768 GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
RAM:4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Powersupply: SST-ST60F ATX 600W
Media: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151141

cooling:Galaxy II Liquid Cooling
Hard drive:500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
Sound card:OMEGA CLARO 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz

Last edited:

evanscnce

Despite your AMD love, I would say give a core 2 a shot. Hell, I have had tons of bad experienced with P4, but I am getting a c2d nonetheless.

Other than that, sexy

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, looks like good build, but you shouldn't dismiss the C2D's just because you like AMD, thats like shooting yourself in the foot because Intel perform better at the moment.

DrCuddles

Yeah, looks like good build, but you shouldn't dismiss the C2D's just because you like AMD, thats like shooting yourself in the foot because Intel perform better at the moment.

he is right, i am a great lover of AMD (good times :)) but Intel have the C2D at the moment and it will be a while before AMD bring out their own(correct me if im wrong). C2D is also really good for Over Clocking!

Last edited:

maroon1

E6600 cost the same, but consume less power, more overlcokable and it performs better

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681911500

It would be very stupid for someone to get a power hungary CPU like 6000+

E6600 consume 65W Max, while 6000+ consume 125W Max

very bad experience with a P4 and an old ATI card
If you had bad experience with P4, this doesn't mean that you will have bad experience with Core 2 Duo

Core 2 Duo have completely different architecture.

And every one here telling you that you will be more happy with Core 2 duo.

i plan to OC my processor
With 6000+ !!! 6000+ is not a good processor for overlcocking

If you want to OC then you should definitely get Core 2 Duo

Last edited:

ducis

E6600 cost the same, but consume less power, more overlcokable and it performs better

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681911500

It would be very stupid for someone to get a power hungary CPU like 6000+

E6600 consume 65W Max, while 6000+ consume 125W Max

If you had bad experience with P4, this doesn't mean that you will have bad experience with Core 2 Duo

Core 2 Duo have completely different architecture.

And every one here telling you that you will be more happy with Core 2 duo.

With 6000+ !!! 6000+ is not a good processor for overlcocking

If you want to OC then you should definitely get Core 2 Duo
Quote for truth

tdeath101

thanks guys for all of your comments, so C2D is more over clockable huh? thats really something would i be better off getting the E6600 or the E6700 (i could afford both so im just curious) well its not the first time i heard c2d over the fx's and 64 x2's so i guess ill give them a try, thanks guy, can anyone help me find a decent mother board for my soon to be pc? and one more question what is the difference of a desktop and a server ive heard they can hold up huge amounts of ram and better processors..can any one confirm this? would i be better off building a gaming server instead?

b3rt_d4ni3l

you can use a normal gaming pc as a server...

if you are getting C2D, the motherboard that you should go for is the GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3...
get the rev3.3 of that motherboard if possible since that rev3.3 mobo supports 1333MHz FSB... hence you should be set to upgrade to quad core whenever you want...

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
if your going to go with an AMD build, i would go for the 5600+ because its only 85w and i have heard that its a better overclocker? dont know if thats true but...just my opinion :)

kof2000

with 4 gb of ram you should pick up a 64bit os but they are less compatible with software than 32bit and ask yourself are you really going to utilize the entire 4gb of ram.

Lane

I too was a hard core AMD fan, and went C2D, seems to be pretty good so far, right now playin urban terror 4.0, pretty smooth all the time. See sig.

tdeath101

if you can get the Q6600 otherwise get the e6600 and OC it

what is the e6600 comapared to the e6700??

with 4 gb of ram you should pick up a 64bit os but they are less compatible with software than 32bit and ask yourself are you really going to utilize the entire 4gb of ram.

i was actually thinking of dual booting vista 32-bit and vista 64-bit to fix that compatability issue

you can use a normal gaming pc as a server...

im talking about the types of computers that need this kinda motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813151008

Last edited:

atomicvenom

MOBO Recommendation

I would personally go with this MOBO:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130081

I would suggest staying away from building a game server if this is one of your first few builds. $1500+ MOBO's are something that you would really not want to destroy if you made a mistake during your build. :(
The e6600 is a great processor. I put them in about 80% of my customers rigs. Not only because I like them, but other gamers recommend them. They are the ones that put hardware through the real test!

tdeath101

this is my 3rd pc ive built in total, thx for the mobo, and in comparison what is a gaming pc compared to a server, and the e6700 compared to the e6600, lol thx again guys for your input