gaming PC for specific games

mithcol

Hey Im looking to buy a gaming PC just for playing Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3.

D3 Recommended System requirements;
Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Guild wars 2 Speculated system requirements(no official requirements yet);
Pentium Dual Core
AMD Athlon 64 X2
2 GB RAM
GeForce 7600, Radeon HD 2600
Hard Drive 15GB
DirectX 9.0c

I would like to run both games on maximum settings and Im willing to spend up to $1200 on it. Im not very good with computer so I think Ill order all the parts suggested here and have someone put it together for me, or if you guys could provide me with a guide on how to do it myself I would definitely give it a go.

Would prefer to start building it in the next few weeks to play current games and willing to spend up to an additional $500 on a monitor and $100 on speakers.

Last edited:

MineIQ1701

No, don't use those parts, you can a computer 10 times better for only 1000$, the "suggested" requirements always end up being around 30 fps at low settings

SuperDuperMe

No, don't use those parts, you can a computer 10 times better for only 1000$, the "suggested" requirements always end up being around 30 fps at low settings

Theyre recommended specs or required specs for the game. Not what the OP was considering.

Gary1

This thread seams to be everywhere. Here is the directions to build it yourself. Skip the parts as this is a older article.

CPU and MOBO

GPU

That leaves about $350 for a case, RAM, PSU, Hard Drive, CD ROM.

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

I wouldnt get a 7950 on your budget, Also do you need monitor, mouse, keyboard etc.

^^^i would presume he would also need OS, so 250 isnt enough for case, hdd, ram etc.

I would go for a gtx 560 ti or a hd 6970 on your budget.

EDIT: Just saw your buying a monitor separately.

Gary1

Good point. I think since I have them lying around eveyone else does too lol. The GTX 560 is a good card too.

Here is a different MOBO with the same CPU same price but has a $20 mail in rebate that will take about 6-9 months to get back to you.