mb asrock z68 1155r

vga his hd 7970

psu ocz 850 watt

cpu intel 2600k

memory 4gx2

ssd 128gb crucial ct

hard drive 1tb seagate barracuda

dvd burner lite on

i will install windows at the end of my build but i do not know how to build a gaming computer can someone direct me to where it can teach me how? a really good resource that is backed up by people or you can tell me step by step what to do i have about 6 hours thanks!

Hi my parts have arrived this is what i got am i ready to build

haf 932 case

mb asrock z68 1155r

vga his hd 7970

psu ocz 850 watt

cpu intel 2600k

memory 4gx2

ssd 128gb crucial ct

hard drive 1tb seagate barracuda

dvd burner lite on

i will install windows at the end of my build but i do not know how to build a gaming computer can someone direct me to where it can teach me how? a really good resource that is backed up by people or you can tell me step by step what to do i have about 6 hours thanks!

i believe newegg as a good tutorial on youtube, just search for newegg how to build a PC or something similar, im about to head out so i cant check but im pretty sure its something like that, i have watched it and its a good video

OxfordPCRepairs

I find the hardest part of the build the actual cable managment , assembling the parts is relativly easy , cable managment is a whole diffrent story , i would also recommend that since you have 2 harddisks to keep the windows install simple install the hard disks but only plug the ssd in, incase you accidently install windows onto the 1TB drive,
Another tip regarding the power wire,reset,hdd led.andpowerled i try always to get them plugged in the correct position before putting the motheboard in i also put the cpu and fan in also before i put in the motherboard,
good luck
Good luck

jamesd1981

If it is your first build the golden rule is take your time.

It is mostly a very easy process, the only parts to be extra careful is, applying paste to cpu, fitting the cpu into the socket, then fitting the cooling fan the four securing pins do need quite a firm push.

The cabling is not hard, but it is the most time consuming depending how tidy you want it to be, cable ties are your friend.

spirit

Staff member
One thing I will say is that the build often doesn't go right first time. If this happens and when you press the power button and nothing happens DON'T panic. It's probably something stupid that's stopping it from powering up. Look for the switch on the PSU and make it sure it is turned on, make sure the 4- or 8-pin CPU power connector is connected (depending on which motherboard and CPU are you are using) and the same for the graphics card if it needs additional power (most mid- to high-end cards do, your 7970 definitely will need additional power!), and then make sure the 24-pin power connector is properly plugged in. Also look to see if you have plugged the power switch into the motherboard.

Usually though, if you remember to do everything and remember to check everything before you try to turn it on, it will go fine. My golden rule with building PCs is remember to ground yourself! So many videos on YouTube and the internet show you how to install components but they ALWAYS forget to mention about grounding yourself!! This is a good article explaining the effects of ESD and how to protect your components from it by grounding yourself.

Other than that, I say good luck to you! You'll enjoy building the PC, and you always learn something new along the way.