Gaming performance on Macbook and XPS 16

Wiltrold

Hello all..

I want to hear if any of you guys have experience with gaming on the newest Macbook and from Dell: XPS 16
Please write what game you are playing, how much FPS, resolution and graphic mode (high, medium or low)

Thanks

speedyink

VIP Member
May I ask why you'd want a Mac for gaming?

If your talking about the standard macbook, the dell rapes the macbook. If it's a macbook pro, they should be somewhat similar performance, with the macbook having the drawback of OSX (much fewer games available)

bigd54

well actually the newer macbooks have an 8600gt in them and your could run boot camp to run a windows os so it wouldnt be terrible but it wouldnt be good

laznz1

well actually the newer macbooks have an 8600gt in them and your could run boot camp to run a windows os so it wouldnt be terrible but it wouldnt be good

but wouldn't a PC be better at running Windows and you can upgrade the Dell

speedyink

VIP Member

Errr, no. The newer macbooks have a 9400M shared video chip. The newer macbook pros have a 9600M GT, which I would assume is about on par with the HD3670 that come in the XPS.

Why spend the extra money for a macbook if your just gonna boot windows on it? Unless you really like the macbook...

Last edited:

DMGrier

VIP Member
Plus isn't a Dell XPS like 1200$ and a macbook pro like 2000$? The Dell XPS is better for your needs as far as performance. Bigger cpu, more Ram, I think bigger HDD and isn't the 8600m GT better then a 9400M?

speedyink

VIP Member
Plus isn't a Dell XPS like 1200$ and a macbook pro like 2000$? The Dell XPS is better for your needs as far as performance. Bigger cpu, more Ram, I think bigger HDD and isn't the 8600m GT better then a 9400M?

Yep. I'm not sure where the 8600gt fits in though..as neither have it