GeForce 5200

DeadlyJames666

I can't run anygames once I got my new vedio card and my old one is redeon 7500 16 mg card please help my computer system is

Processor: AMD Duron(tm) Processor 1199MHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Memory: 512MB
Free Disk Space: 7.69GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

again HELP PLZ I dont need a useless computer :mad: :mad: :mad:

Processor: AMD Duron(tm) Processor 1199MHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Memory: 512MB
Free Disk Space: 7.69GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

First of all, the 5200 while seeming a great card...is a POS. I wish you had come to a fairly reputable comp forum before purcashing it but i firmly believe that if you wanted your money's worth, and to game you should have opted another choice...this is not based on my own experience with the card but my friend has the same card and gave it away he couldnt stand it, ive heard NOTHING but bad about it from people who have used it as well online. (thats why you can buy it so cheap)

Buy a ATI Radeon 9200, or a GeForce 5900...they cost quite a bit more, but way less then the 'high end" cards like the Geforce 6800, ATI Radeon 9800 Ultra etc...and they are BETTER then most other cards on the market, and if done well, can compete with the rest of the high end cards!!

Also, the newer games require alot of HD space, and what you have now wont cut it..id suggest either a 40 or 60 GB HD onto what you have now AT LEAST, preferably a 120 GB HD (the 80's are screwy, not reliable)

Best of luck with your comp!

kof2000

i have one of those installed in the store bought HP, is he saying he can't run games good with the card or games dont run at all? cuz i sure can run any games with it.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Amothial Winterfell said:
Buy a ATI Radeon 9200, or a GeForce 5900...they cost quite a bit more,

my 9200 was only $40.

(the 80's are screwy, not reliable)

waht u mean by screwy? i've had a working WD 80GB 7200RPM/8MB buffer going for almost 2yrs. now...no probs.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Well, because ive had 2x 80 GB HD, one from Seagate and Hysundi...both blew within 2 weeks.

i only go with big brand HD's, Seagate i've heard of...but never actually seen. never heard of hysundi. i think WD and maxtor are most well know...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, the 5200 while seeming a great card...is a POS. I wish you had come to a fairly reputable comp forum before purcashing it but i firmly believe that if you wanted your money's worth, and to game you should have opted another choice...
You fail to notice that the system would be useless running even, say a 6800Ultra -- there would be no benifit as the CPU is the biggest bottleneck :)

Well, because ive had 2x 80 GB HD, one from Seagate and Hysundi...both blew within 2 weeks.
You bashed all 80GB drives based on two incidents?