Geforce 6600 (Non GT)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey guys,

I was just wondering whether any of you have this card and what you think of it. I am considering buying it and I am kinda on a tight budget. I saw reviews on the net and it seems to be a good performer. Note that I have a Geforce 4 MX 440 now and almost anything would be a HUGE improvement. ANYWAY thanx in advance. Hey and have any of you oc'd it? How far did you go and what performance increase did u achieve (at what settings and temps) ?

JAN :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
For an upgrade, it's sufficient however given the rest of the system, there's no tmuch point to OC it ...

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Why?

Could I ask why there's not much point. Having looked at the net,, one can oc it from 350 to 550 GPU and from 550 to 600 Memory. That should bring good results. DO you think the rest of mys system is really a limiting factor? Afterall I have a gig of ram, oc'd CPU to 2500+ and a good hard disk.

john1979

I've heard it's a good overclocker, so go for it.
You should apparently, be able to get over the 6600GT clocks quite easily with this card, but at stock speeds it will, blow your mind compaired to the 440 you currently have :cool:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Could I ask why there's not much point. Having looked at the net,, one can oc it from 350 to 550 GPU and from 550 to 600 Memory. That should bring good results.
The rest of your system is the bottleneck so until you let loose on that you wont notice a phenomonal improvement :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
K thanx

Thanx for the feedback. Is my system really such a bottleneck? It should handle it fine still I think. Well guess I will need to try. Could anyon tell me what exactly would keep the performance down?

Last edited: