Geforce 7600GT Running To Hot?

Lanther

I have a Geforce 7600GT running two monitors when gaming it will get up to around 79 degrees Celsius. Is this to hot for this card. I had issues with the system shutting off after gaming for awhile. The video card felt pretty hot to the touch so I blew everything out real good and added a case fan above where the video card is to help pull air out.

Last edited:

lion149

Nope it is not to hot, but if you can find a way to get it lower that would be ideal. I would think your goal should be 70 or so...try to increase the fan speed on the card or increase case ventilation.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I agree with Lion. I'm thinking mine would run around 55*C using a single monitor, mid-70s when gaming. However, as long as it doesn't get much warmer than 90*C, you should be alright. These cards do run quite warm.

Twist86

7600GT my dad uses runs 45c idle and 60c load and its overclocked a bit. Though I do have custom cooling on it so this might make the difference.

Lanther

Well since I added that extra fan over the video card to pull out the air and blew everything out real good, the card idles around 50 and hasn't past 70 yet while gaming.