GeForce Port Question

P11

VIP Member
My Geforce FX 5200 has a normal port for my monitor and also has another port that came with an adapter so i can plug it in to that for multi-diplay. The thing is i dont use multi-display and i want to know if i can hook my computer up to the new port ...my question is will graphic quality be better or will any benifts arise from switching to the other port that requires the adapter.

http://www.nvnews.net/previews/geforce_fx/images/5200_ultra.jpg

The white port on the left-hand side of the s-video port.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The white port on the left is the DVI connector, the blue one on the right is the D-SUB VGA connector and between them is the s-video out connector.
The DVI connector outputs both digital and analog signal (the analog signal is the same as in the d-sub). So switching to the DVI connector with an adapter using an analog monitor makes no difference at all, since the analog signal is of the same quality in the two connectors.

P11

VIP Member
i have a Samsung LCD 15'' screen so it wouldnt make a difference if i switched it to the DVI port?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Your LCD screen has a D-Sub connection? (blue)

Anyhow if your screen has just a d-sub connector then no it wont make a diff. if you've got a choice between the DVI and D-sub then plugging it into the DVI with the DVI connector on a screen would produce better results. But! using the Adapter to plug a D-sub into the DVI would be pointless.

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Honestly I dont know as I've never used an LCD, Although it makes sense... The monitor was meant to be plugged into DVI so Y would you not?

At the very least you'll get the same result but not have to use an adapter.

And remember! It never hurts to try ;-)>