General Protection

Ragrits

I browse websites, play games etc.

I just a url to a good anti virus so I can scan my pc once a week and remove viruses etc.

G25r8cer

Avast tends to be quite a system hog like norton

I would go with AVg free or Invest in a good AV and get ESET Smart Security or Nod32

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Avast tends to be quite a system hog like norton

I would go with AVg free or Invest in a good AV and get ESET Smart Security or Nod32

Nah i don't think anythings as bad as Norton for been greedy on system resources.

That Microsoft-Security-Essentials i linked too is quite good,Doesn't slow the system down either.

I personally think its better than Avast or AVG,But because its quite new on the Antivirus/Anti-spyware list ive not seen any detection results from it yet so im not exactly sure how well it performs against the others.

G25r8cer

Nah i don't think anythings as bad as Norton for been greedy on system resources.

That Microsoft-Security-Essentials i linked too is quite good,Doesn't slow the system down either.

I personally think its better than Avast or AVG,But because its quite new on the Antivirus/Anti-spyware list ive not seen any detection results from it yet so im not exactly sure how well it performs against the others.

Hmm thanks for the info

I have never heard of the Security Essentials

I shall test it out sometime

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm thanks for the info

I have never heard of the Security Essentials

I shall test it out sometime

Yeah i had never heard of it before myself until recently,I like it though,Doesnt slow down the system and isnt annoying with any pop-ups or anything.