Get Bad Lag When Playing After New Graphics Card Installation...

Hey,

I just got a Radeon 9800 Pro installed with some other stuff (Can't remember off the top of my head but if you need to know I can go check) and a lot of stuff has been laggy. The guy who installed said it should be fine. For example, I was playing Half-Life 2 Deathmatch and getting some really bad lag. I have heard that it is just naturally laggy but my friend said I shouldn't get any lag. Also, I was playing some Day of Defeat and servers that I used to play in now have leg, versus before when I had none.

Do you know what the problem is? If so, how can it be fixed?

Thank you.

P.S. If this is in the wrong thread (I couldn't decide whether it should go in some hardware forum or a game forum) please feel free to move it. If you could just tell me where it went that would be greatly appreciated.

Greg J.

VIP Member
You have updated drivers for your new graphics card, right? You can get them here if not:
http://www.ati.com/

Do you have Direct X 9 b or c ? If not, you can get c at microsoft.com

Last edited:

P11

VIP Member
well the 9800 pro can play half-life 2 well but maybe your settings are to high. Also your internet could be the problem, recently my internet has got alot slower for no reason and my ping is in the 70's insted of my previous 30's.
BTW my cable company is rogers.

Tha Killa

P11 said:
well the 9800 pro can play half-life 2 well but maybe your settings are to high. Also your internet could be the problem, recently my internet has got alot slower for no reason and my ping is in the 70's insted of my previous 30's.
BTW my cable company is rogers.

maybe ur rate in your config is low, type in "rate" into your console, type in rate 30000 if its really low