Getting another hd

joelmagar

I was wondering if when i get my new hd if i could transfer all my games and save files over to the new one or if i would have to do a full install over again.

Twist86

Well sorta.

You would have to install the OS your currently using on the new HD. Then you could drag/drop the files you want on the old drive to the new one.

The only snag is you have to reinstall the games but you can transfer the saves.

joelmagar

I'm going to have to have an OS on both of the HD's? I plan on keeping my original HD and putting all of my games and stuff on the new one.

aviation_man

I'm going to have to have an OS on both of the HD's? I plan on keeping my original HD and putting all of my games and stuff on the new one.

So you want a master drive (Your old HD) and a slave drive (New HD), correct?
If you're going to do it this way, you do not have to install an OS on your slave drive (New HD), you'll just have to stick the drive in, format it through Windows, and drag and drop all the documents you want on it.

superldg

Is your new hd an internal bare drive or an external drive?
If it's internal you can get an external HARDWARE RAID-1 enclosure to duplicate the disk - move all files including OS to the new HD, all done automatically. No manual iinstallation. No drag and drop.
The con is extra cost on top of the hd.