Getting Info From a Cell Phone

Samuel1941

I have a Samsung Android Note 8.
I'm looking for a FREE program that will allow me to download my phone contacts list to my computer for printing and backup.
I'm trying to avoid having to hand copy the list and make it easier to update my backup as I add/subtract contacts.

I've done a couple of Google searches and can't find anything that would do what I need.
I've found some expensive programs that may do it, but it seems there should be a free program for such a simple task!

Suggestions???

beers

Staff member
Are you opposed to using the automated google backup and restore function that exists on all Android phones?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It should automatically be backing up your contacts. When you create a new one make sure you select Google contact not phone or it wont save. Check settings to make sure sync is turned on for Google account.

Darren

Staff member
Sync.ME is what I use to backup contacts. It syncs with Facebook and my local phone contact list and matches up pictures and fills in name automatically. Since it modifies the contacts on your phone, your contacts saved with Google will match and you can access those on a computer.

https://contacts.google.com/

Sync.ME has a lot of other features but I mainly just use it for contacts.

thewhiterabbit

Most Mac computers as well as Windows Computers have the ability to install vcard files. In your contacts Click settings, Export contacts to SD Card. When export is complete, just attach the created vcard file to an email and send it to yourself or connect your computer to phone and transfer the vcard file to your computer From there it is as simple as double clicking the vcard file and your computer will automatically import your contacts to either People on Windows or Contacts on Mac.

Agent Smith

You should just create a Samsung account.

Also, there are several Apps that let you use and manipulate your contacts list. Just go to the Play Store and search for "contacts."