Getting my first computer ~ Help ~

mopy_y

New Member
As a christmas present this year my parents have decided to get me my first desktop computer, only they are leaving everything to me to pick out and decide. This is my first year of HS, so I don't know too much about computers. I play mmorpg's and halo at my friends house, I want to be able to do the same on my own. My family has had macs in the past, but I wanted a dell or hp. So far from what I've read I need:
i7 intel core
at least 6gb memory
750gb hard drive - I can get up to 1tb
A really good Graphics card ~ that I have no idea about ~
built in wireless internet

That is pretty much as far as I've gotten. I wonder if there is a computers for dummies book?
Here are the questions I was told to answer.
Number 1: Where are you located? Anchorage AK
Number 2: How much are you willing to spend? around 1k
Number 3: What will you primarly use the computer for? Gamming, Word Documents, Photos, power points, internet.
Number 4: Which online stores/reatil shops do you prefer to buy from? Best Buy, amazon. Willing to find better options with advice.
Number 5: If you have doubts about anything, ask us! We are here to help. I really don't know about anything that I should be looking for, this computer is supposed to last me through college.
Number 6: What Programs/Tasks/Games will you run on the computer? MMorpg games, halo, word documents, sims3, internet explorer.
Number 7: Are you willing to go over budget? If so by how much? Limited budget.
Number 8: Do you need anything besides the computer itself? (monitor, keyboard, operating system) Moniter
 
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215

MoBo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186176

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303

PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341001

Hard Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136098

Graphics Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130339

Heatsink: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134

CD/DVD drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106333

Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009145

Im not sure exactly what you needed/wanted, but I did know you had a $1000 budget and you needed a monitor.

Here is one of the best Quad core CPUs to date with a high end graphics card for a great price. You get a 22 inch monitor and 320GB HDD, if you need more later, its like $50 for another HDD or about $80 for 1TB.

If you don't like something or need something else, just post again. I hope you like it, it took me a while to find stuff that was good and had great reviews.

It comes out to $1,061 before rebates, $1,041 after. With shipping and tax $1,176.63 which is awesome for this build and a monitor included.
 
Back
Top