GFX display issues, is it fried?

Computer_Freak

Hey guys.

I recently did a fresh install on my PC, all the same stuff just a SSD.

since then, my GFX has had issues (which it had before, but now its all the time, so worse)

basically, i pull out my gfx card from my system, and put it in, it all works. i have the latest drivers etc

once i shut down and power up again, the screen stays black. Ive tried updating drivers, used diff power cables on PSU etc etc, but nothing works

a few times i can even hear it logging into windows.

now my pc has also started showing me no signal to the monitor (monitor works, and hasnt been fiddled with)

now i just put in a GT620 (with GTX295 drivers running) and it boots up no issues.

now before i fork out cash, is my other GFX card fried? or could my mobo possibly have issues?

thanks guys

Last edited:

salvage-this

It seems like the problem was with the GTX 295. Just to rule out other components try some graphics benchmarks with the 620 to see if your system is stable other than the 295.

salvage-this

furmark, MSI Kombustor, Heaven 2.1. You can also play games for a while. If you do not see any problems with your system stability with the 620 installed I would go ahead and call your 295 dead.

Computer_Freak

ran furmark (full HD res, avg 7 frames) for 15 minutes with no issues.

cards temps got up to about 80C. for the heatsink thats on it, i dont think thats too good. but at least its conclusive

so its my GPU that has the issue.

on a side note, my screen says searching for signal when sometimes off or when the screen is set to sleep. wiht the GT620 that is.

Last edited: