GIGABYE vs ASUS Motherboards.. HELP

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I haven't had super positive experiences with ASUS boards - I prefer to stay away from them. I really like Gigabyte boards though, and actually owned the one you're looking at for a short time.

spirit

Staff member
Both Gigabyte and ASUS are good brands. I've personally never had a problem with ASUS boards and I've used a few in my life (using one now). Just go with the board which offers the best features for the lowest price. I'd probably go for the Gigabyte board given the choice between the two because it is cheaper. :)

cobrahead

for my Experience Both Asus and Gigabyte are good, but i Prefer Gigabyte for my Gaming Computers its cheaper but a good One

StrangleHold

Staff member
The Gigabyte. If you want to crossfire in the same price range as the Asus, the GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3.

Okedokey

I use the Asus board I have becuase its the only one that can do what I want. But let me tell you this. Asus support is freakin woeful. When I first got my board it was not working correctly (NF200 chip was a fail). I RMA'd it and within an hour it was rejected because of a tiny (i mean tiny) scratch on the pcb. This was a board that was less than 1 week old and cost nearly $500. I would add a swear word now to underline my dislike for Asus.

In the end I fixed it myself. But never again will i drop money on Asus.

I use the Asus board I have becuase its the only one that can do what I want. But let me tell you this. Asus support is freakin woeful. When I first got my board it was not working correctly (NF200 chip was a fail). I RMA'd it and within an hour it was rejected because of a tiny (i mean tiny) scratch on the pcb. This was a board that was less than 1 week old and cost nearly $500. I would add a swear word now to underline my dislike for Asus.

In the end I fixed it myself. But never again will i drop money on Asus.

Maybe it is because it is such an expensive motherboard, they try to fdind any way they can from rmaing it :rolleyes:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Asus for the last few years, customer service and RMA service has really gone down hill. With any board!

Aastii

VIP Member
I haven't had super positive experiences with ASUS boards - I prefer to stay away from them. I really like Gigabyte boards though, and actually owned the one you're looking at for a short time.

I don't know a single person that does. I will never, ever buy another Asus board so long as I live. I have had one board from the six survive, the others all died within the warranty period. I only RMA'ed two of them, the others I just replaced because it isn't worth the crap dealing with support to get them repaired/replaced.