gigabyte 965p ds3 woes.

nmwords

Well, I've tried to get Help on oc'ing with this piece of S*IT GA-965p ds3 (1.33) motherboard, but no matter what I cant get anything to work.you guys were my final option with some info but I didnt get any helpful replies, so i'm gonna buy another motherboard and take this one out into a field and shoot it(seriously). But on the happier side of things, i'm buying another motherboard and I would like to know what is a top 10 gaming motherboard, with great overclockability, figuring I can spend around $230. i'm talking about the best(except the striker extreme cuz its $300). It will be built with the components in my sig thx !!

spanky

Asus is known for their overclocking abilities. Also the P35 chipset is designed for the dual/quad cores by Intel. If you want to overclock, I suggest teh asus mobo.

nmwords

haha I wasnt expecting offers after I said I cant successfuly overclock with it. I still have everthing that came with it in the box......I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. If you wanna buy sure, It works fine with normal stock bios settings, I can overclock it but usually my frames per second in games will drop about sixty percent, WTF you know. and also sometimes it wouldnt boot, if its not the mobo its either uncompatable ram,(ive tried 2 different kinds ) or the GPU, but i doubt it. ive also heard this board does not like D9 microns. i'm so confused, somebody hold me....

daisymtc

wow, how can it be guaranteed to work with processors that are not even out yet? I also heard the next line of intels are gonna be based off of a new socket not LGA 775 , hmm interesting, maybe that was just speculation then. do you think it would be a better choice than this board ? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188013 which one is a better overclocker?

I also heard of intel will get new socket as well. If people decide to build the PC at Chrismas, I will suggest them to wait after new year...

daisymtc

Well, I've tried to get Help on oc'ing with this piece of S*IT GA-965p ds3 (1.33) motherboard, but no matter what I cant get anything to work.you guys were my final option with some info but I didnt get any helpful replies, so i'm gonna buy another motherboard and take this one out into a field and shoot it(seriously). But on the happier side of things, i'm buying another motherboard and I would like to know what is a top 10 gaming motherboard, with great overclockability, figuring I can spend around $230. i'm talking about the best(except the striker extreme cuz its $300). It will be built with the components in my sig thx !!

You should have 1 year manufacture warranty. Did you send it back to the retailer to ask them to repair?