Gigabyte MoBo no video signal VGA or HDMI

madicus

My old computer quit working showing "No Signal" on the monitor.
I replaced motherboard, cpu with identical components.
Gigabyte F2A68HM-H
AMD A4 6300
Added new PSU 700w.

Monitor still shows "No Signal" (but works fine with other computers)

I tried to connect computer with my tv through HDMI, no signal.

Yes, I have used thermal compound and stand-offs. All connections are the same. PSU is connected properly! I even added a speaker but there are no "beeps".

I reset cmos and replaced the cr2032 with a fresh one (after waiting for about 30 minutes).

I tried to start the computer without hdd, cd, and ram. Still no signal and no beep.

So, basically I rebuilt the same machine that worked fine for 4 years until it quit..

Guys, I really need your help here because I work from home and really need a working desktop pc.

Thanks in advance.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Build it outside of the case to verify board isn't grounding out against case. You are using onboard video correct? Are you using the exact same cpu or a different one? Could be a bad cpu if using the same one.

Laquer Head

Are you plugged into the motherboard with the HDMI or to an after-market graphics board of some kind? It may be as simple as switching a settings in the BIOS to let it know your are on one or the other (integrated or dedicated)

madicus

@ johnb35 I just noticed that the old cpu is a A6-5400 series. But that shouldn't make a difference.
I assembled the board outside the case, then put it in the case using the existing stand-offs I used for the old F2A68HM-H motherboard.
Yes, I'm using onboard video.

@
Laquer Head I'm using onboard video. And there's no way to get into the BIOS because my monitor (or TV) doesn't receive a signal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laquer Head

@
Laquer Head I'm using onboard video. And there's no way to get into the BIOS because my monitor (or TV) doesn't receive a signal.

Any chance that you have a old graphics board you could plug in and try to see if that works?

Also, have you tried a different HDMI cable, Vga cable?

madicus

Any chance that you have a old graphics board you could plug in and try to see if that works?
No PCIEX1 card. Sorry.

Also, have you tried a different HDMI cable, Vga cable?
Haven't tried a different VGA cable (because the monitor works on my laptop) but a couple of different HDMIs. The HDMI cables work perfectly fine with my Android box and my laptop..

Last edited by a moderator:

Laquer Head

Before you have to do what @johnb35 suggested.. so board and cpu are new...but what parts did you reuse along with these new parts?? RAM?, HDD,?

beers

Staff member
I assembled the board outside the case, then put it in the case using the existing stand-offs
I think he meant hook it up via power and similar when building it on the motherboard box. If it passes POST, then you know.

madicus

Before you have to do what @johnb35 suggested.. so board and cpu are new...but what parts did you reuse along with these new parts?? RAM?, HDD,?
I used RAM and HDD.

I think he meant hook it up via power and similar when building it on the motherboard box. If it passes POST, then you know.
No. I haven't tried that. Like I said I am using the very same stand-offs I used with the identical old board. And that worked for about 4 years.

madicus

Build it outside of the case to verify board isn't grounding out against case. You are using onboard video correct? Are you using the exact same cpu or a different one? Could be a bad cpu if using the same one.
Sorry, it took me that long. I was out of town.
Built it outside of the case. Same results. No signal and no beeps.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Disconnect keyboard and mouse or any other hardware and see if it boots up. Do you have a system speaker attached to the 4 pin header at the bottom of the board? If not, you won't hear no beeps.

madicus

Disconnect keyboard and mouse or any other hardware and see if it boots up. Do you have a system speaker attached to the 4 pin header at the bottom of the board? If not, you won't hear no beeps.
Only speaker and power was attached.

madicus

Thanks for all your help. It turned out that both replacement motherboards were faulty.
Desktop pc is up and running again.