Give me you're benchmarks!

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Basically, I want to make a simple site that compares all computers. I figure that Pi test should be one of the most accurate ways to test the CPU's raw power. Maybe as a division we could also have a GPU version using some version of 3DMark.

So here's the plan, at least for the CPU portion. Give me the Pi benchmark for your computer(s) for Pie to the 1M. I'm looking for all computers. Bascially anything that can run that program is fair game!

Rather than distiguishing between RAM types, chipsets, and all, I'll probably just take averages for alike processors.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
SuperPi is inefficient tho :( PiFast can do 10M digits in the time SuperPi does 1M .... and its hard to accurately compare on-die and off-die memory controllers and ram....

The_Other_One

VIP Member
On-die memory controllers would be nice, but memory and off-die controllers isn't something I'm interested in testing. I just want raw processing power.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You do know that Athlon64s have ondie memory controllers and Pentiums dont right? (the rest of my point should be evident....)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Yes, I knew that. I just figured this would be the best test seeing how simple it is... My results seem to be pretty equally spread out as one would expect from the processors.

Geoff

VIP Member
SuperPI 1M, took 52sec Specs below

Although, when the program is running it only uses up between 50%-60% of my CPU usage. I think using a program like 3DMark xx or PCMark04 for benchmarking.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I knew that. I just figured this would be the best test seeing how simple it is... My results seem to be pretty equally spread out as one would expect from the processors.
Yeah but pifast and superpi are memory peformance sensitive ... (enough to pickup on 5Mhz clock changes etc)