glass mouse pad? worth?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Personally, I've had more problems with pads that are made to improve accuracy over just typcial sub $10 pads. Though my mice aren't ever that expensive/high res either.

diroga

Personally, I've had more problems with pads that are made to improve accuracy over just typcial sub $10 pads. Though my mice aren't ever that expensive/high res either.

i second that. it really is just a mouse pad. it sits there. dont speend extra money on some thing like that. use extra money on ram and cpu's.

bball4life

Haha, I have an mx1000 and my mouse performs at its best when its on a cheapo cloth mouse pad. :D , you can get a mouse pad meant for gaming though for like $15, I mean $70 thats more tehn your mouse.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Haha, I have an mx1000 and my mouse performs at its best when its on a cheapo cloth mouse pad. :D , you can get a mouse pad meant for gaming though for like $15, I mean $70 thats more tehn your mouse.

I've had the same experience with the same mouse...

bball4life

I've had the same experience with the same mouse...
Ya its weird, it used to work well on pretty much anything, I never used a "gaming" mouse pad so I wouldn't know about that, but I even bought new feet for it but I have had almost zero problems on the cloth pad so I am sticking with it.

Iluvpenguins

I <3 Trackball,if only mine didn't break.Track balls are great to use,they are stationary so you dont need much room,and VERY easy to use,takes a little getting used to,i remember how much i rocked in CS with it :p

PC eye

banned
Oh gosh, I hate that trackball, well not that one specifically but I have used a corded one almost identical to that, its so hard to get used to clicking with your thumb, because that is where the left click is.

The Logitech corded trackball models do look a bit awkward at first glance. One of the main reasons I went with the MS Trackball Explorer was due to the too far forwarded trackball. I didn't feel like stretching the index finger all the way forward while the rest was too narrow. The MS model brought the trackball mostly inbetween the 5 buttons total with the 5th being the scroll/button combo there. Plus I wanted something a little more durable then some of the cheap ones that often saw buttons stick down.

PC eye

banned
If you want something far less expensive that looks like glass a piece of plexiglass can do that. The appearance of course would be another matter when as soon as it starts showing any and all scratches. The money you save by not buying a rather fragile glass pad could be put towards some new hardware or software that you will want later.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Logitech also makes a $20 dollar optical trackball that's corded; since it's a trackball, I don't think it should interfere with the performance of the mouse much.