Glass

Google Glass:
google-glass-guy.jpg

Just wondered what you guys thought of it:rolleyes: I think that it is slightly over priced...but definitely has potential.

spirit

Staff member
I'm not sure if it will catch on. I could have sworn somebody tried doing something like this but with a DVD player years ago and it never caught on.

If it does, I predict a lot more pedestrian fatalities, since your eyes can't focus on two things at once, surely? How would you focus on say a path if you're walking on one when you've got distracting messages and stuff right in front of your eyes?

Darren

Staff member
But how is this more distracted then when people walk around texting all the time? It's very common.

PCunicorn

They dont know the price yet, so you cant say its to expensive. But Google Glass loks like a cool idea to me.

Aastii

VIP Member
No, and if I see someone wearing them I will politely ask them to either take them off, or make them aware that if they look at me whilst wearing them I will take them off myself one way or another.

I am not the paranoid type to think that every organisation is after me, but that is a basic invasion of privacy when the glasses are potentially constantly looking at the surroundings, and therefore me. It is the same as someone taking pictures of me, I would ask them to delete them or I would make them delete them...

CrazyMike

No, and if I see someone wearing them I will politely ask them to either take them off, or make them aware that if they look at me whilst wearing them I will take them off myself one way or another.

I am not the paranoid type to think that every organisation is after me, but that is a basic invasion of privacy when the glasses are potentially constantly looking at the surroundings, and therefore me. It is the same as someone taking pictures of me, I would ask them to delete them or I would make them delete them...

Agreed and would add the fact that a person that is wearing them while you are with them, to me, is the same as a person on their phone while visiting. Completely rude. Whatever happened to normal human interaction.

The only thing I could see this being useful would be navigation. In which i would much rather see navigation being brought to a vehicle that is displayed on the windshield. Everything else that Glass does, to me, is completely useless. I have a smartphone for that.

But how is this more distracted then when people walk around texting all the time? It's very common.

It blocks your vision, whereas a phone is not 10mm from your eyes. In my blog link in my sig, I did a write up about it if you do not know what it is :)

spirit

Staff member
It may get cheaper. All I know is you cant re-sell them, as they lock themselves and become null...void.

Supposing it does catch on, other people will jump on the bandwagon and make stuff like it, and as a result of competition I suppose the price may drop, yes.

Darren

Staff member
Not necessarily jason. That is one way to force the price down, but there is also demand. If the price is too high for the average customer, and sales rates stay low, the price will come down to bolster sales. Competition not needed there. But it does help the consumer just what fair market value is.

That doesn't exactly work. There's a huge monopoly on Operating Systems but people still pay the price for them. If Microsoft gradually increased their prices people would keep buying it because they have no other alternative.

Same thing with graphing calculators (weird example I know) but the TI-84 is super old and slow but it stills costs 100 bucks. That's insane for how little processing power it has, but they still sell.