Gmail Help

seagull

I was just wondering, i just got an invitation for a gmail... i registered and everything and my friend told me i have 4 invitations to send out.... i couldnt figure out how... any help?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You'll have 6 invitations to send, but not right now. After a while below the menu it will appear some red text indicating how many invites you could send away. Clicking on it a new window pops up asking you to enter a name and an e-mail address where to send the invite.

geek_in_love

Not only can you use GMail for awesome email service but also I found out that you can use it for a file storage, completly different from going to google's site.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
There's one thing I don't like at Gmail: you're not allowed to attach executables (even zipped). Never thought the Google-guys are so paranoic... :eek:

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Lorand said:
There's one thing I don't like at Gmail: you're not allowed to attach executables (even zipped). Never thought the Google-guys are so paranoic...

I never noticed that...it seems a bit of a shame but it stops careless users installing viruses i suppose, so maybe its a lesser of 2 evils ;)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Then it is happening only to me? :confused:
When I want to send an exe file (or a zipped exe file), the following message pops up:
"Sorry, for security reasons, Gmal does not allow you to send this type of attachment."

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well I hadn't tried myself but my mate just tested and sent me an exe file in a zipped archive and its arrived fine? (we are both using gmail accounts ;) )

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Just noticed that Google gave me another 6 invites. If you want some, PM me your e-mail address.

EDIT: there are 5 invites left...

Last edited: