gmail in taskbar at bottom of screen

peter912

So for no reason at all, a number 1 started to appear on top of the gmail symbol in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. In the process of trying to remove it I removed the the icon completely from the taskbar. Now try I as I might I can't manage to get it back. Also I would be like to be notified when there is new mail as well. I went to the settings and set it to notify, before the icon was removed and still it didn't notify me. This problem all started when that mysterious 1 appeared on top of the icon for no reason at all.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely its the windows mail app. Its defaulted pinned at the bottom after installing windows 10. Open the program and then go down to the tab on the taskbar and right click it, click on pin to taskbar.

strollin

The mysterious 1 was probably a notification that you had new messages to read or something like that.

peter912

The mysterious 1 was probably a notification that you had new messages to read or something like that.

Actually it wasn't because I deleted all messages and still it (the mysterious number 1) remained. Others have also complained about it . It is some "bug" in the gmail and I suspect that it needs to be reinstalled to get rid of it.

peter912

Most likely its the windows mail app. Its defaulted pinned at the bottom after installing windows 10. Open the program and then go down to the tab on the taskbar and right click it, click on pin to taskbar.

The thing is, that I think that I might have accidentally deleted it ,because I can't find it in my programs. I still have it though on my desktop but not in my programs.

peter912

If it's still on your desktop then it's still installed.

That may be so however I can't see it among my programs and am unable to place it's icon on my start up task bar, like I had it before. It's this mysterious number, that appeared out of no where, that has caused all this trouble. I also stated above it wasn't indicating an unread message.