Gmail "Send As" Another Address

ChrisC

Following notification of the withdrawal of all legacy fsnet.co.uk email addresses by EE, the current owners of Orange, on 31st May, I have had to migrate mine to Gmail which I have successfully configured to send and receive POP3/smtp as used by my fsnet address. I still wish to use Windows Live Mail which contains many contacts and archived messages and also wish to continue to use Message Rules for incoming mail which is only available with POP3.

I also have various email forwarding addresses associated with Domain Names that I have purchased.

With my fsnet account I was able to send emails showing one of these forwarding addresses as my From: address and any reply from the recipient also automatically showed this address in the To: line. The actual underlying fsnet address was always concealed. This worked well for 10 years or so.

I wish to replicate this with my new Gmail account and have tried configuring it using "Send As" in Settings as Gmail says this can be done for any email address (Image 02) - but there is a problem:

Each time my request comes to a halt as I cannot supply the requested smtp / UserName / Password (Image 04) for my forwarding address as there are none associated with it - it is simply a forwarding re-direct of the form: [email protected]

So how can I set up my Gmail account so that outgoing messages show my forwarding address in the From: line and how can replies be sent To: the same address and not show the actual underlying Gmail address?

Thank you in anticipation ...

Attachments

• Gmail Send As 02.JPG
    Gmail Send As 02.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 4
  • Gmail Send As 04.JPG
    Gmail Send As 04.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: