going to Liquid cool my next build

terminator

Hey all, I have a few water cooling questions to ask.

I plan on liquid cooling my next build in the Corsair 900D. I want to start with just the CPU and motherboard first.

Will probably get everything from Koolance.

Here is my list of what I have so far, does everything look good?
Also what type of fittings would you suggest?

LiquidCoolingWishlist_zpscace22a4.jpg

Last edited:

terminator

Hmm its a bit quite around here!

Well im pretty sure I still want to go with compression fittings, I read that you just have to tighten them every now an then.

Again, any suggestions are welcome. I really want to do this right. Iv'e been browsing how to's for a while. even if you know of any good tutorials, id like to see them.

Aastii

VIP Member
I would not get a kit, that is like saying first time building a pc? Just buy one premade. Once you have the parts together, it is easy, just with wc there is more "safety" stuff to do, as in preventing yourself from killing your computer from leakage.

How much do you have to spend?
What are your system specs?
What do you plan on cooling, now and in future? You said CPU + mobo, however if you plan on throwing more in later, it will affect what should be bought for future proofing

PCunicorn

I would not get a kit, that is like saying first time building a pc? Just buy one premade. Once you have the parts together, it is easy, just with wc there is more "safety" stuff to do, as in preventing yourself from killing your computer from leakage.

How much do you have to spend?
What are your system specs?
What do you plan on cooling, now and in future? You said CPU + mobo, however if you plan on throwing more in later, it will affect what should be bought for future proofing

It is not at all. I don't mean Corsair h100, I just mean like a EK kit or something with the rad and everything.

Aastii

VIP Member
It is not at all. I don't mean Corsair h100, I just mean like a EK kit or something with the rad and everything.

I know what you meant, what i said still holds true. Why buy a kit when you can get better parts, for a lower cost, from manufacturers of your choice as you please? Either way you have to put it all together, so much better to customise it to get the best you can, rather than get what you are given

salvage-this

Some are ok, some not so much. For the price of the good ones you might as well pick your own parts and not have to settle with a bundle.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm its a bit quite around here!

Well im pretty sure I still want to go with compression fittings, I read that you just have to tighten them every now an then.

Again, any suggestions are welcome. I really want to do this right. Iv'e been browsing how to's for a while. even if you know of any good tutorials, id like to see them.

When I water cooled I used barb fittings, it worked quite well.