Gonna Call Apple

g4m3rof1337

I recntly dropped my ipod a whole half of a foot onto desk surface and the screen got chipped on the top of the ipod itself. and yesterday, many weeks later, a black hole of dead pixels, appears in the middle of my screen. Lol. And i can pop the screen like its loose. And when you 'Invert' a picture in photoshop, thats how my screen looked...

So... How should I play this off as, there fault.
Cause I seriously do not want to pay for a new screen or a new Ipod. I am considering, getting AS MUCH money from this, and buying a zune or something.

Thanks

apj101

VIP Member
I recntly dropped my ipod a whole half of a foot onto desk surface and the screen got chipped on the top of the ipod itself. and yesterday, many weeks later, a black hole of dead pixels, appears in the middle of my screen. Lol. And i can pop the screen like its loose. And when you 'Invert' a picture in photoshop, thats how my screen looked...

So... How should I play this off as, there fault.
Cause I seriously do not want to pay for a new screen or a new Ipod. I am considering, getting AS MUCH money from this, and buying a zune or something.

Thanks
play it as a manufacturing fault

PohTayToez

How old is it? You might say it came like that an dyou've been putting off returning it if it's only another couple of months... otherwise you just woke up one morning, turned on your iPod, and it was like that. Crazy.

g4m3rof1337

I bought it, IN the apple store, down the street. Acouple days before dec. 25th 2006.

Theres a really small chip, on the top. What can I blame that on?

Uploadin' Pic.

ipodpic.jpg

Last edited:

PohTayToez

You MIGHT be able to pull the "it came this way". You could make up an elaborate story... maybe you bought it for a friends birthday way ahead of time, and you just now opened it, or maybe you were planning on trading it in for a different model and then changed your mind. Anyway, the key is, whether your writing or talking to someone on the phone, seem really displeased (not yelling, but close), and on the verge of blowing up. They'll do anything to keep you calm. It may be an asshole tactic, but it works.

apj101

VIP Member
Do you think theyll refund me?
they will never refund you, if you wanted a refund you would have to go to the store. Apple will replace/repair it
I bought it, IN the apple store, down the street. A couple days before dec. 25th 2006.

Theres a really small chip, on the top. What can I blame that on?

Uploadin' Pic.
Ignore the chip, dont mention it. If they bring it up tell them it happened in your pocket with your keys, and that the ipod worked for months afterwards so the current problem is not related to the chip

apj101

VIP Member
to reiterate I would NOT call them. Id just send the ipod back using the link i gave earlier. It will land on some techies desk and he wont care about the chip....he just needs to get through fixing as many ipods as possible in a day to make sure he hits his targets.:)

g4m3rof1337

I said i bought this way, and the guy checked my serial number, and said iam under warranty, so apple is going to replace this ipod. Thus, I can now, sell this brand new ipod and buy a zune.

My 'keys' did the scratch, and the screen messed it self up.

There sending me a box, so i send it in, and theyll replace it.

they sent me a box cause i called before, but ill wait for the newer box.

FTW, i made a for sale thread.

Last edited:

vonfeldt7

Another reason to never ever EVER buy an iPod. iPods are from the devil himself.

I cannot stand iPods. (if you couldnt tell)

g4m3rof1337

Its been a few days... hopefully the box'll be here tomorrow...then...ill be without an ipod for a few days...

Dont know why I thought today was monday...