Good computer for gaming?

Fabbyfubz

New Member
Is the Gateway FX4710 good for gaming?



A different one I've been considering is the Alienware Area-51 7500
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz 6MB Cache 1333Mhz FSB
Power Supply:Alienware® 750 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Graphics: 896MB Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800 Mhz
Hard Drive: 250 GB SATA 3GB/s 7200 PRM 16MB Cache
Motherboard: Alienware approved Nvidia nForce 680i SLI Motherboard


Is it worth it to spend the extra few hundred for the Area-51 7500?

Will either play Call of Duty 4 and Team Fortress 2 on high (and possibly Spore, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 in the future)?
 
if you'll be building and still choose to opt for those parts also, that is a pretty sweet gaming rig. we can also suggest other parts that are also great in performance but cost less. like the video card, you could get a HD4870 which costs way less but performs almost the same as a GTX260.
 
perfect pc

You will get a perfect PC should build your own, That is the cheapest method.
If you try you will get a better one.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz (@3.00 GHz)
Graphics: 896MB Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800 Mhz
Hard Drive: 250 GB SATA 3GB/s 7200 PRM 16MB Cache
Motherboard: Alienware approved Nvidia nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
--------------------------------
janet

Guaranteed ROI
Viral Marketing
Social Media Marketing
Search Engine Submissions
Email Marketing
Search Engine Marketing
Search Engine Optimization
Inspire Internet Marketing
 
There are many people here who can talk you through a build. We can also send you links with good building walk throughs. I recommend you build one...it is alot more rewarding when done....and it will cost alot less.

Just in case you want to buy the Alienware or the Gateway....They will run games just fine...pretty good rigs actually!

Xion II case
ASUS P5N-E 650i mobo
Intel Q9300 @ 2.875 GHz
Corsair XMS2 Pro 4x1 GB
Evga 9800 GTX @ 750 MHz core
Antec Neo Power 650w PSU
Vista Home Pre 64 bit
 
Last edited:
As everyone said above, building is very, very easy. Also you can get a better rig than a bought one.

As said above,

What is your budget??? What is your main use of the PC???
 
Well if you're only going to run TF2 and COD4, I had all of those maxed out with an 8600GT, 2.6GHz dual core, and 3GB of PC2-5300 RAM. So you don't need to go all out on hardware. Then again I am going to replace my 8600GT as it is becoming obsolete. If you're not the extreme gamer I find it better to mod stock computers. I got my HP for $450 at the Black Friday sale. Athlon 64x2 at 2.6GHz, 320GB HDD, 2GB RAM. I've added 1GB RAM for $20, 500W PSU for $50, 8600GT for $100, and 2 case fans for $20. So this comes to be a very cheap computer, the only con is I can't overclock the CPU and I only have PCIex16 slot.
 
Back
Top