good deal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Well it's a pretty good setup, though, the Graphics aint that good for games...but you did say "Maybe" for gaming soo it's up to you :)

Bobo

banned
Not that great, no floppy, no MS Word, Powerpoint, or Excel, and no monitor. But for that price, it is OK

P.S. Not that great of a gfx card, either

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Not that great, no floppy, no MS Word, Powerpoint, or Excel, and no monitor. But for that price, it is OK
1. You buy a computer for the hardware not the software
2. Floppy drives are obsolete
3. Its hard to do much better than $400CAD .. unless you have something in mind

Echo_

Bobo said:

P.S. Not that great of a gfx card, either

what were you expecting for a 400 dollar (CD) machine?

floppy drives are like 10 bucks, and if he needs ms word powerpoin and excel he can get em.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Bobo said:
Not that great, no floppy, no MS Word, Powerpoint, or Excel, and no monitor.

LOL..
sorry i COULDNT help laughing...

Like Praetor said "Floppy drives are obsolete". I will never again spend $20 on a floppy drive.. throught he years I have been subject to floppy disk problems more times than I care to rememeber. I ended up with a C in my biology class about 7 years ago, freshman year of HS, because of a floppy disk... and I will never forget it. :mad:

Oh and MICROSFOT OFFICE will always cost you a pretty penny... unless your a student at an accredited 4 year college who can purchase software for a fraction of the cost....

and I know that I will never need a monitor.. at least not in the near future. So every comp I buy will just plug itself into my cpu switch....

wait.. why was I writing this post?

.. oh yeah... GIVE me a break! Its not a bad machine at all.

Bobo

banned
Echo_ said:
what were you expecting for a 400 dollar (CD) machine?

floppy drives are like 10 bucks, and if he needs ms word powerpoin and excel he can get em.

MS Office Standard 2000 is/was like $100, i dont know about 03 or 04.

But it depends what you will be doing with your compuoter, if you even need it at all.

Bobo

banned
SFR said:
LOL..
sorry i COULDNT help laughing...

Like I care? Im used to being laughed at, computer geek nerds with a 4.5 GPA stand out a little. (Yes 4.5, in my school district, if you are in "honers" classes, and pass them, you get an extra .5 on your GPA)

Like Praetor said "Floppy drives are obsolete". I will never again spend $20 on a floppy drive.. throught he years I have been subject to floppy disk problems more times than I care to rememeber. I ended up with a C in my biology class about 7 years ago, freshman year of HS, because of a floppy disk... and I will never forget it. :mad:

Just bc they're obsolete doesnt mean people dont use them. We have 6 computers in our house, and no jumpdrives or anything of the sort. My dad still has hundreds of the 5.25 inch floppys!

Oh and MICROSFOT OFFICE will always cost you a pretty penny... unless your a student at an accredited 4 year college who can purchase software for a fraction of the cost....

You can say that again, and again, and again...

wait.. why was I writing this post?

LOL
sorry i COULDNT help laughing....

.. oh yeah... GIVE me a break! Its not a bad machine at all.

You got alzheimers?

:p

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
its pretty good for $400, keep in mind you wont get a monitor with it. For movies/music/internet/work...who does that anyway... its got more than enough power, and a video upgrade should keep you going in the games department, the GF4MX is ok if you like using the low settings ;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Like I care? Im used to being laughed at, computer geek nerds with a 4.5 GPA stand out a little. (Yes 4.5, in my school district, if you are in "honers" classes, and pass them, you get an extra .5 on your GPA)
1. Am I supposed to be impressed?
2. If you're running a supposed 4/4 then you should be more open-minded
3. It's "honors" or "honours"

Just bc they're obsolete doesnt mean people dont use them. We have 6 computers in our house, and no jumpdrives or anything of the sort. My dad still has hundreds of the 5.25 inch floppys!
1. Buying a floppy drive from a store down the street = $5. Buying from OEM = $25. You're smart. You decide
2. I have hundreds of 5.25 floppies too, what's your point?

You can say that again, and again, and again...
Dang. Weren't you supposed to be bright? One would think they wouldnt have to say it more than once.

Yeah, I would say the same thing, mostly.
But you didnt ;)

Bobo

banned
Praetor said:
1. Am I supposed to be impressed?
2. If you're running a supposed 4/4 then you should be more open-minded
3. It's "honors" or "honours"

No, your not supposed to be impressed, your in college. Yes, I know how to spell, I just dont try real hard sometimes...

Praetor said:
I have hundreds of 5.25 floppies too, what's your point?

YOU were the one who had said that floppies were obsolete. :p

Praetor said:
Dang. Weren't you supposed to be bright? One would think they wouldnt have to say it more than once.

One would think. But I am not normal, as you have probably found out.
:cool:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
YOU were the one who had said that floppies were obsolete.
You're point? Having floppies is one thing. Using them is another. GPA 4.5 should be able to deduce that :)

One would think. But I am not normal, as you have probably found out.
Does this mean that the 4.5 isnt weighted normally either ;)

In either case, this pointless banter will cease ....hmmm ... now.

spy18
Have you considered building your own? :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
awww... I hurt Bobo's feelings :(

I think you need to pick up a copy of the book: "Dont Sweat The Small Stuff..."

Bobo

banned
SFR said:
awww... I hurt Bobo's feelings :(

I think you need to pick up a copy of the book: "Dont Sweat The Small Stuff..."

You hurt my feelings??? Praetor was the one insulting me, and just for that, I will continue this "pointless banter"
:D

Bobo said:
Yeah, I would say the same thing, mostly.

Praetor said:
But you didnt

I figured YOU were bright enough to figure that out, so I wouldn't have to waste extra keystrokes...but then again, college people CAN be stupid sometimes...(not like I'm not LOL)

BTW, I think that whoever it was that started this thread should build their own computer. It is not necessarily easier, but you can get ONLY what you want, not any extra stuff that you don't need, or predownloaded crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.