Good gaming mouse and keyboard

cquence

What is a good gaming mouse and keyboard? How good are wireless mouse and keyboard for gaming? Or should I stick with wired ones?

Jack Bauer

banned
What is a good gaming mouse and keyboard? How good are wireless mouse and keyboard for gaming? Or should I stick with wired ones?

Wireless is fine for gaming. I would go with a Logitech G11 or G15 keyboard and a Razer Copperhead mouse. They both are great for gaming.

cquence

Wireless is fine for gaming. I would go with a Logitech G11 or G15 keyboard and a Razer Copperhead mouse. They both are great for gaming.

So you would use a wireless keyboard with a wired mouse? I was considering the razor mouse, I like how the blue light shines through it. I might stick with the G11, its a little cheaper than the G15. I am also on a budget since I'm spending most on my GPU and CPU.

PohTayToez

You know that the G11 and G15 are wired, right?

Also, yeah, if I didn't love my G15 so much, I could definitely go with a wireless keyboard and a wired mouse. It's nice to set the keyboard in your lap and relax, while having a wireless mouse doesn't do too much for me.

SimpleSimon

I have the G15 keyboard and it is the sweetest keyboard I've ever had. I'm with PohTayToez though, I would go with wireless one if I didn't have it.
I also have a G7 mouse and I love it. It came with 2 rechargable battery packs that last a good while. It's smooth and has a lot of customizable features from buttons to sensitivity.

yeah the G11 is sweet, I use a Logitech Trackman instead of a mouse. I don't care for mice, I like the trackballs better.

SimpleSimon

I've been back and forth about using trackballs, I haven't used one since back in the day of Command & Conquer Red Alert came out, plus I don't know how good it would be for FPS's.

I've been back and forth about using trackballs, I haven't used one since back in the day of Command & Conquer Red Alert came out, plus I don't know how good it would be for FPS's.

I love it when fly heli's in BF2, with a mouse I would be smacking the bottom of my tower.

Itanda

I use the G11 Keyboard and the G5 gaming mouse. Both from logitech.

IT's GREEEAT! (Tony the tiger voice) :p

venividivici

So far I have seen that people seem to favour the G5 or the G7. My question is which would be the better option (taking the price out of the picture)?

Currently I have the G15 keyboard which I love, but my MX Revolution is driving me insane when I play World of Warcraft or when I am trying to do anything really. The cursor movement is quite erratic/jittery/jerky. I just hope that Logitech eventually takes responsibility for what seems to be a defect with the Revolution as several others have posted this same problem on the Logitech forums.

So far I have seen that people seem to favour the G5 or the G7. My question is which would be the better option (taking the price out of the picture)?

Currently I have the G15 keyboard which I love, but my MX Revolution is driving me insane when I play World of Warcraft or when I am trying to do anything really. The cursor movement is quite erratic/jittery/jerky. I just hope that Logitech eventually takes responsibility for what seems to be a defect with the Revolution as several others have posted this same problem on the Logitech forums.

I like the G keyboards because of the G-keys, I even use them in Firefox, lol. Of course the G7 would probably be better, b/c its wireless and the batteries are 'quick-swappable'. +1 G7

venividivici

I ordered the G7 and hopefully I should have it by next Monday. I love the MX Revolution, but the fact that the cursor is way too jittery is annoying. I have an MX1000 in a box somewhere but I stopped using it because it was nearly impossible to get it to start charging when I put it on the base as the connectivity seemed to be going on it.

Hopefully the G7 solves my problems.

As for the G15 keyboard, I need to start using the G keys more as there is so much more potential for the keyboard that I am not currently using.

I ordered the G7 and hopefully I should have it by next Monday. I love the MX Revolution, but the fact that the cursor is way too jittery is annoying. I have an MX1000 in a box somewhere but I stopped using it because it was nearly impossible to get it to start charging when I put it on the base as the connectivity seemed to be going on it.

Hopefully the G7 solves my problems.

As for the G15 keyboard, I need to start using the G keys more as there is so much more potential for the keyboard that I am not currently using.

Yes, very true, I didn't realize that until I learned how to make shortcuts with them.

venividivici

Right now I am currently on hold (for the 4th time), with Logitech as they are getting me an RMA number to send back my MX Revolution.

Luckily NCIX (Canadian side), got my ordered shipped out yesterday afternoon and Purolator showed up with my package this morning. I plugged in the G7 and I am amazed at the vast difference in cursor movement compared to the MX Revolution. Sucks that it cost me another $100+tax and shipping, and I will miss the fast scroll wheel among other things, but I have no qualms (yet anyway, lol), with G7.

venividivici

It was quite interesting talking with someone at Logitech support about my MX Revolution problem. I told her I was using Vista yet she was giving me troubleshooting instructions as if I was using XP. Then I got to wait on hold for her to go find out how to navigate to what she was trying to get me to for 10 minutes, twice.

Eventually it turned out that it was a waste of time as Vista doesn't allow you to get into Hardware Acceleration, lol. In the end she gave me an Exception RMA and told me to send the mouse back and that they WILL test it and then send me a replacement. Funny thing is I think that if so many other people have had the same problem then how will a new one solve my problem? lmao...

Makes me almost wish I had just gotten the G7 to begin with, but I loved the concept of the fast scrolling wheel, which also seems to not be as fluid in motion after a month of use. Honestly, until they fix what I think is a defect with the connectivity of the MX Revolution, avoid it like the plague.