Good gaming setup?

Superonyxfire

Superonyxfire

the NVIDIA GeForce GT620? Darn it, thought I was getting something great for a relatively cheap price, do you have any reccomendations? Rome total war two is coming out, and my laptop wasn't made for gaming, I was hoping that computer would be the best option, but I just want a perfect balance of cheap and durability, I don't want to need to drop my graphics to all low/off, if you can catch my drift?

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
For battlefield 3, you want a HD 5770+ or GTS 450+ to play well. A DX 10 version, like the GTX 260 or the HD4870 will run it at medium with respectable settings.

The GT 620 is the lowest 600 series card made. It is not made for games at all.

Superonyxfire

I was using Battlefield 3 as a reference point, I think the newer RTS games would be a better example at the requirements I want.
I really appreciate the help, but I am looking into pre assembled desktops, The idea of building a computer seems to me a bit more than i can chew, because I have no knowledge on the good parts, what I need to stop it from frying, and what is workable with what, I found another prebuilt, would this one be a better option?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3170699&CatId=114

Tech Wizard

I was using Battlefield 3 as a reference point, I think the newer RTS games would be a better example at the requirements I want.
I really appreciate the help, but I am looking into pre assembled desktops, The idea of building a computer seems to me a bit more than i can chew, because I have no knowledge on the good parts, what I need to stop it from frying, and what is workable with what, I found another prebuilt, would this one be a better option?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3170699&CatId=114

The problem with pre-built computers is that they use cheap motherboards and cheap psu and if the psu goes most of the other parts will go with it.

Superonyxfire

Well, I guess It's worth a shot. I tried looking up parts a while ago for a gaming desktop but I was way more naive back then, I keep seeing "gaming desktops on a budget" and see like, 8GB RAM, 500GB Hard disc space, etc.
I kind of don't know where to begin, I want it to do good enough that I dont get upset at the computers inability to play the newer RTS games, or any game for that matter.
I know for a fact that this notebook pc has a 2.40ish dual core processor and 3.5ish GB of RAM and 600 GB of hard disc space, and i used only half, so i guess the 1-2TB hard drive space was a bit of a money hog. Any suggestions?

wolfeking

banned
That monitor is a small resolution and 4:3 setup. You are better off with a new one. I will look at making a build list for you. Give me about 30 minutes to get the list together.