Good malware removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLuchinski

I got an email from a "hacker" claiming that he installed a program on my phone that recorded me through my camera and he was going to send a bunch of stuff to all of my contacts if I don't pay him in 48 hours. It said the last two digits of my number in the email. Not sure if this is real, just worried about financial info on my phone being hacked. Is there a good program for checking these things?

Agent Smith

This is a well known bullshit email. They are fooling you and haven't hacked shit. I got one, too and all spam I get in this one email address I use gets promptly reported to spam cop. This one email was used for PayPal, my bank, ebay and a few other high risk accounts, nothing more. So I think now that I've gotten a few spam emails in this one addy was probably due to some asshole at ebay I bought from. Either he sold my PayPal email address that he can see when I buy something, or his dumb ass gone done and got his contacts list jacked. So now this one damn email is on a spam list. And I've never got spam to that account.

Just ignore it. Don't respond to it or anything. In fact, with stupid crap emails with links which you should NOT open, use this site: https://www.browserling.com/

If you use Thunderbird, turn off image loading and HTML parsing or what ever it's called. Especially if you use PGP like I do. If you're using Outlook... LMUHAO.

JLuchinski

This is a well known bullshit email. They are fooling you and haven't hacked shit. I got one, too and all spam I get in this one email address I use gets promptly reported to spam cop. This one email was used for PayPal, my bank, ebay and a few other high risk accounts, nothing more. So I think now that I've gotten a few spam emails in this one addy was probably due to some asshole at ebay I bought from. Either he sold my PayPal email address that he can see when I buy something, or his dumb ass gone done and got his contacts list jacked. So now this one damn email is on a spam list. And I've never got spam to that account.

Just ignore it. Don't respond to it or anything. In fact, with stupid crap emails with links which you should NOT open, use this site: https://www.browserling.com/

If you use Thunderbird, turn off image loading and HTML parsing or what ever it's called. Especially if you use PGP like I do. If you're using Outlook... LMUHAO.
Ok thanks, I figured it was bullshit, he was asking for 1000 in us bitcoin or some crap like that. I get scam emails all the time, never seen one like this before though. I wonder where he got my phone number though?

Darren

Staff member

Yeah bro, the email application used by the vast majority of the professional world is hot garbage. Why didn't anyone tell me?

Agreed it's probably just BS. MalwareBytes, AdwCleaner, are probably enough on their own. If you want to be more thorough SuperAntiSpyware and maybe an AV scan or two like Avast wouldn't be a bad idea. I doubt they got into anything but worth running them anyway.

JLuchinski

Ran a bunch of scanners and nothing, letter looks similar to a lot of other similar scams. Got to love the internet.

Agent Smith

Yeah bro, the email application used by the vast majority of the professional world is hot garbage. Why didn't anyone tell me?

They're all idiots, too. In fact, they use Microsoft Office when you could use Libre Office.

If I ran a company I wouldn't do this, and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks.

aldan

tried libre office and liked ms better.i still use office 2000 premium.i also still have a hotmail account and have had for the last 12 years.i pity the company you would run.

Agent Smith

i pity the company you would run.

I pitty your English teacher.

Is English not your native writing ability? I mean, I'm not the best when it comes to writing composition, etc, but DAMN! I'd certainly never hire you. I'd ask for a report or a projection on profits, etc, and it come in the form of a bad text message. LMAO

Next time, think twice about pulling on my cape, and what type of company I'd run. Because truth be told, I'd run a pretty damn decent company regardless what you feckless yougins think.

aldan

oh my god that was totally worth it.thought you didnt care what anyone thought.i am probably almost twice your age but who is counting.LMAO by the way pity is spelled with only one t.

Status
Not open for further replies.