Good media player for podcasts (reliable resume function, clear playlist, hotkeys)

Dimitri

I'm looking for a media player for listening to podcasts and I need three features:

1) reliable resume function

One that doesn't get it wrong or not work every third time as is the case with some players

2) hotkeys

I need to be able to set a global play/pause hotkey, meaning one that works even when the player is minimized and not the active window

3) a clean and readable playlist that remembers all the items and doesn't get cleared when you close the player

Could anyone suggest anything?

Agent Smith

The podcasts I've listed to were all hosted at the webpage, so I'm not too sure about streaming them into a media player. I use VLC and it may in fact have all the options you desire, not sure about the save playlist feature you want though. It may have that feature.

Here's a whole freeware list of players you can explore, and Snapfiles has a paid for option to look at payware software as well under the view drop down list at the top in case none of the freeware players suit you. http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwmediaplayers.html