Good mobo for file server

curtains

Hey guys,

Whats a good mobo for a file server looking for something that supports ... mainly raid 5, lots of sataII ports, and has duel gigabit lan..

any other handy ideas would be great thanks,

brian

VIP Member
well i dont know about kind but you dont need a good one. a dirt cheep one is good for a server. but finding one with thoughs specks may not be too easy

curtains

... those specs are pretty common ... , price not really a big issue, looking for a mid rangeish mobo with a few good features .., mainly raid features,i know that any dirt cheap mobo can do the job.. but i want one that can do it well.. like with duel gigabit connections etc

Bl00dFox

I would get a server motherboard if I were you. It features ECC RAM, and can have a LOT of SATA ports.

curtains

.. server motherboards are usually expensive, when I said price wasn't a big issue, I wasn't meaning like server motherboard prices, i was just meaning more that I wasn't that poor that I was going to get the cheapest mobo on the market ....I'm only going to use it as a file server ... don't really need the flash server functions