good multiplayer game?

newguy5

man i really haven't enjoyed a good multiplayer game since the old starcraft days, and also CS. i never liked the serious role-playing games (don't have enough free time for stuff like that), but was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions? i heard company of heroes was awesome...

Aloush

The bets one i have played that i payed for would have to be guildwars i have world of warcraft just never enjoyed it

chrislo

I am enjoying Halo 3 (Xbox 360) and COD 4 (PC). They are top of their class for multiplayer FPS games.

CG man

Team Fortress 2
Counter Strike

Company of heros is good but it's very anoying most of the time the matches are fixed the host kicks his team and the opposition till all the experienced players are on his side and noobs on the other then on top of that you got to wait 40 mins for a game to start. Once the game starts you find out half of the players are running the game on a 56k modem and a 486 processor with 8 MB ram.

newguy5

Team Fortress 2
Counter Strike

Company of heros is good but it's very anoying most of the time the matches are fixed the host kicks his team and the opposition till all the experienced players are on his side and noobs on the other then on top of that you got to wait 40 mins for a game to start. Once the game starts you find out half of the players are running the game on a 56k modem and a 486 processor with 8 MB ram.

yeah that sucks a lot.

team fortress 2? what is that?

chrislo

halo 3 blows

Get a good friend to play with and its an amazing experience. I always loved the Halo series but didn't care much for the Halo 2 multiplayer. Halo 3 with some good players on your side is amazing. For something more realistic I play COD 4 on the PC. They are both good games. I think most people just hate Halo 3 because they hyped it so much. Then on the other hand I can't stand Final Fantasy and Metroid Prime but they never let those series die....

massahwahl

VIP Member
I hated team fortress 2, but its just my opinion. I played for a while when I got the Orange Box, but its to much of a cluster f***. You cant even think before 12 things are going on and everything happens super super retarded fast.

Guild Wars as previously mentioned is awesome because its a play at your own pace MMORPG. No monthly fees or anything dumb, so you can log on and play for ten minutes or ten hours depending what you have time to do. People are very friendly as well.

As for shooters, Day of Defeat is hands down one of the best WWII online shooters ever. Check it out if you hav'nt already.

newguy5

is css better than cs? i think starcraft and cs were two of the best pc games ever, so if i can find similar games i'd enjoy them a lot. i'm not hugely into single player games because i don't have the patience. kind of like what ninja is talking about--i like to play at my own pace and know i don't have to get anywhere or beat anything. rpg wouldn't suit me more than likely, but cs was easy and there was absolutely no committment involved :p

bigl2007

heres my favorites

i would say guild wars all of them get factions first if you want to get used to the game its best to work with better newbie guide pretty much.

and battlefield 2 great game if you like military games