Good PC, Games not running

Discussion in 'Video Cards and Monitors' started by ChrisCaruso, Aug 14, 2018.

1. ChrisCaruso

ChrisCaruso New Member

I just purchased an iBUYPOWER Gaming PC, Model TRACE940 from my local bestbuy. I got it all set up, installed geforce experience as well as the drivers associated with my graphics card (GTX 1060). The first game I initially installed and played was of course fortnite, which ran smoothly and without any problems (Over 150 FPS). Fortnite is of course not a graphic intensive game, so I wanted to see how well my computer could run games with more intense graphics, so I installed warframe. After launching it up, the game was very laggy, and the unplayable. I am very frustrated and don't know quite what to do. I understand buying prebuilt computer is a nono, and building them yourself is the way to go, however, a friend of mine who works their got me a good deal on this computer, and I didn't want to go through the trouble of having to locate parts to build my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Specs:

i7 8700 processor
    16gb Memory
    1Tb Hardrive
    GTX 1060 Graphics card
    120gb SSD

2. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

You should be killing it in that game since it's an old game that doesn't require much.

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600
    • DirectX: 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 5 GB free HD space

3. ChrisCaruso

ChrisCaruso New Member

Is it possible that my its throttling due to lack of cooling? This is really odd, and honestly frustrating.

4. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

Are you plugged into the actual 1060 or the onboard video card built into the motherboard?