Good Security Software

idahoduk

I remember reading about some security software that would use your video camera as a password for access to you computer. This sounds cool but I think it would take too long. Basically I want something that would lock down my computer so no one but me can access any of it. I'm going to be stuck living with three other guys for 5 months and I don't want them logging on to my computer. Does anyone have any links or reviews to any simple software?

Trizoy

VIP Member
You can create a user account and password protect it.
You should also password protect the administrator account to keep that avenue closed.

Need specifics on how to do this?

Trizoy

VIP Member
Are you trying to hide specific files? Or do you not want them to be able to access anything?

Trizoy

VIP Member
I would just make sure your admin account has a password on it. Even if the HD is removed, they wont be able to get to the files...

soccerdude

What I would do is put a bios password but don't ask me how to do one because I don't know but I know they are very effective. I have a computer with a bios password and I think it is impossible to bypass because you usually have three tries to enter the password correctly after that you can not go in.

idahoduk

soccerdude said:
What I would do is put a bios password but don't ask me how to do one because I don't know but I know they are very effective. I have a computer with a bios password and I think it is impossible to bypass because you usually have three tries to enter the password correctly after that you can not go in.

I've done that before, just don't forget it. I think you can remove the CMOS battery and it will clear it but don't quote me on it.

computerhakk

VIP Member
What os are you running? Is it Xp in your sig? I know a method that involves you having a floppy disk during startup or else it will not work or startup at all, but what os is this?