Good sorround sound.

Shaukat Talib

hello there!

What would be a good sorround sound system under $400? I want the highest quality sound I can get for that price, so bang for the buck is important. I also want a powered subwoofer and speakers that have both a tweeter and a sub I think. Any ideas?

Thanks

Shaukat Talib

SFR

Truth fears no questions
this is a loaded question and everyone is going to have their own opinion.

I spent 2 months (about a year ago) doing my own research on the internet and in local stores before I settled on an Infinity Primus system and Harman / Kardon receiver. While this system is way over your $400 pricing, the same kind of research should be used.

Are you looking for a PC speaker system or a home entertainment speaker system?

You can find VERY high quality PC systems for under $400 while quality home entertainment (home theater) speaker systems cost much more.

Start looking at audio forums like www.eopinions.com. Check out review sites like www.cnet.com.

Another good site (even though the prices on this site are too high) is www.crutchfield.com

I personally can not recommend a system to you, since I have no personal experience with the kind of system you want. Others on this forum might have some systems for under $400, but before you buy one, make sure you have done your research.

Last edited:

pak52b

logitech?

well i was a fan of logitech speakers... till my sub broke today :) but the sound is awesome.... or im deaf.... :cool: