Google chrome password manager.

Jbrandes

I'm not talking about the built in manager that manages passwords. I'm talking about ones outside of chrome. That you can download on the toolbar. Has anyone ever used one of these. How do they work? Do they just save all login credentials automatically or does a prompt come up each time asking save these credentials?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I use Roboform. When you enter a password manually, it asks if you want to save it. If it already exists, then it asks if you want to create a new entry or overwrite an existing entry.

Jbrandes

So most password managers for instance if you were just logging on to Facebook and put your credentials in it would ask you to save them not just automatically save all your credentials for random sites?

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Yes, it asks if you want to save them.

If you already have them saved with say Roboform, then you just click the site button that appears and it inputs the credentials and logs you in.

Jbrandes

On those managers do you insert the credentials on the managing app I'm assuming. Or do you just do it one by one visiting the sites and logging in and saving each site individually ?

voyagerfan99

Staff member
You enter them on the site as you normally would to login. Then a popup from the manager comes up and asks if you want to save it.

What part of that did you not get before?