Google Chrome vs. Internet Explorer vs. Firefox vs. Other

Which Browser Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

joh06937

just a poll to see where this forum stands. i have been going through each one lately and ended up going back to chrome. feel free to post what you like/hate about each one and anything you feel others should know.

ScottALot

It's basically a universal thing...

People use Firefox for add-ons, mainly ad-blocker, and multi-tabbing efficiently.
People use Chrome for quick, one direction use for its speed.
People use IE, I guess, for the fact that they didn't know other browsers were available until they were too used to using IE.

You need to make this multi-vote because I use both Chrome and Firefox equally.

ScottALot

If you don't have a preference, you don't just pick one... imagine presidential elections if that was the case, they'd all be wins by like 3 votes.

lubo4444

I use Firefox. I'm used to it and i like the add-ons that i use. Also it's pretty fast for me. I dont have slow downs when i start it up or when i search with it. :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I think IE versions 6, 7, 8 and 9 Beta are the best. I sometimes like Google

Please tell me you're joking. IE 6 and 7 are garbage. Even IE8 is still buggy.

I've always been an avid Firefox user for the add-ons, themes, and by far the best multi-tabbing efficiency.

salvage-this

I starting using chrome on my laptop since it gave me more space and I really like it. I still have Firefox around for the add ons that I can't get on chrome.

lucasbytegenius

just a poll to see where this forum stands. i have been going through each one lately and ended up going back to chrome. feel free to post what you like/hate about each one and anything you feel others should know.

:p wow, that one was really recent. *facepalm*

That's right, Jo, add yet another to the hundreds of other polls like this. I think everybody knows where I stand browser wise.

Aastii

VIP Member
Opera. Just started using it. I like it.

this. Opera is brilliant.

I have found 1 bad thing though. With the layout of the tabs being above the URL bar, rather than below, so it is right at the top of the window, if Windows sets the theme to standard from Aero for whatever reason, it puts a toolbar in with just minimize, close etc in the top right that covers the top of the window, and all tabs. It isn't a fault of Opera, it is a fault of Windows, but using Opera on a Windows OS, that can occasionally cause problems if you are multi-tabbing

lucasbytegenius

I like how you can resize the top part of the toolbar so the tabs are previewed. Not real great on a small screen, but still awesome. The hover preview is also uber awesome.

joh06937

Opera. Just started using it. I like it.

Thou art my best bud...

this. Opera is brilliant.

I have found 1 bad thing though. With the layout of the tabs being above the URL bar, rather than below, so it is right at the top of the window, if Windows sets the theme to standard from Aero for whatever reason, it puts a toolbar in with just minimize, close etc in the top right that covers the top of the window, and all tabs. It isn't a fault of Opera, it is a fault of Windows, but using Opera on a Windows OS, that can occasionally cause problems if you are multi-tabbing

I like how you can resize the top part of the toolbar so the tabs are previewed. Not real great on a small screen, but still awesome. The hover preview is also uber awesome.

ah damn it you three, now i installed it and am loving it... back to effin' square one as far as which one i prefer. :angry: