GoPro Hero 3

Kornowski

VIP Member
03_h3_black_camera_inhousing_glam.jpg

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition

Some insane specs on this thing. 30 frames per second photo burst mode, 1080p @ 60fps, 720p @ 120fps, 2.7K @ 24fps and 4K @ 12fps, Cinestyle (life saver!), oh, and it comes with the new dive housing as standard. So sick.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Nah, might be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye but the HD Hero 3 has some pretty damn good advantages over any of the Contours.

- 2.7k @24fps vs N/A
- 1080p @60fps vs 30fps
- 120fps @720p vs 480p
- 12MP vs 5MP
- 64GB max storage vs 32GB
- Wi-Fi ready vs no wi-fi

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Nah, might be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye but the HD Hero 3 has some pretty damn good advantages over any of the Contours.

- 2.7k @24fps vs N/A
- 1080p @60fps vs 30fps
- 120fps @720p vs 480p
- 12MP vs 5MP
- 64GB max storage vs 32GB
- Wi-Fi ready vs no wi-fi
It's a lot smaller though, much easier and less invasive to mount to a helmet, bike, etc. People wearing GoPro's on the top of their helmets look like idiots, lol.

Kornowski

VIP Member
It's a lot smaller though, much easier and less invasive to mount to a helmet, bike, etc. People wearing GoPro's on the top of their helmets look like idiots, lol.

Let me see you chest mount your Contour.

I'd rather look a little stupid to have awesome footage, rather than look 'cool' to have lame footage.

Samuel1941

Nice plus for the Contour is that with Bluetooth you can use your cell phone as a monitor to see what is recording in real time.......

i.e., camera on your helmet, monitor in your hand!!

Ramodkk

VIP Member

You make it sound like wearing a camera on your helmet is supposed to be stylish or something. It doesn't make you look stupid, lol. When you're filming footage of yourself performing an extreme sport (an example), the last thing in your mind should be worrying about looking like an idiot.

TFT

VIP Member
^ +1 :good:

Wer'e not talking about a fashion parade walking on the catwalk, the focus is on the sport footage not on how cool you can look doing it

Geoff

VIP Member
I guess it's just me, I'd rather have a more discrete camera attached to the side of my helmet or car than a giant camera in a huge case strapped to the top of my helmet, or sticking off the side of my car. I like to record normal events in the case of capturing something cool, so if I'm just skiing for fun I don't want everyone asking me why I have a camera.

Kornowski

VIP Member
People don't though, everybody is so used to the look of a GoPro/Countour now they just accept that people are recording themselves.

Contour just released a whole load of new colours, total deal breaker. I reckon GoPro are definitely going to go bust now... :rolleyes:

normal_ContourRoam2_826524.jpg