PFCPerry16
New Member
I got an HP DX5150 Small Form Factor (I know, sucks but it was free). I need to get a new video card as the ATI Radeon Xpress chip died. I need a low profile ready card, I think, but I don't know how to tell what kind of slot I have for it.
It has a 200w PSU, 2gb of ram, AMD Sempron 3000+ running at about 1.8ghz but I think I read somewhere that It can be OC'ed to about 3ghz? I do not want to upgrade the psu since I don't know what to get, how to install it or anything like that.
BUT....I did however find an "external" PSU on Newegg for $70 that kicks out 450w and mounts in a drive bay and has a power cord that goes out the back of the computer. Or it can sit outside the computer for better cooling. I'd like crossfire since it says "Crossfire Ready" on the box and I want to use it for some mild gaming, like NFS Prostreet, DiRT and FSX. Not TOO worried about graphic quality as long as I can get persistant FPS above 25 at mid level graphic setting.
Any idea for a card(s)? Thanks!
EDIT: I included a screenshot of newegg with the psu and 2 vid cards I found.
It has a 200w PSU, 2gb of ram, AMD Sempron 3000+ running at about 1.8ghz but I think I read somewhere that It can be OC'ed to about 3ghz? I do not want to upgrade the psu since I don't know what to get, how to install it or anything like that.
BUT....I did however find an "external" PSU on Newegg for $70 that kicks out 450w and mounts in a drive bay and has a power cord that goes out the back of the computer. Or it can sit outside the computer for better cooling. I'd like crossfire since it says "Crossfire Ready" on the box and I want to use it for some mild gaming, like NFS Prostreet, DiRT and FSX. Not TOO worried about graphic quality as long as I can get persistant FPS above 25 at mid level graphic setting.
Any idea for a card(s)? Thanks!
EDIT: I included a screenshot of newegg with the psu and 2 vid cards I found.
Last edited: