got a new case

tommycompton

picked up a new case and dumped my rig into it.
nc.jpg

nc2.jpg

nc3.jpg

nc4.jpg

this case is keeping my system even cooler. my cpu is about the same, 32c with 10% overclock, and will probably drop about 5c once i break in the as5.
my gpu's are running a few degrees cooler, gpu 1 is idling at 42c and gpu 2 is at 37c.i also picked up a bfg physics card(can't wait for the x64 drivers) nestled it between my sli and my temps are still down.
my mobo is at 32c, thats almost a 10c drop.

Last edited:
For lack of a better word-SWEET!, clean too, nice colors, looks likemy old one before I fell off the back of my truck....which is also broke , ha, everything I use dies!

spike27z

wowza, cooling=pwnd by you.

nice gpu temps, do that fans on the bottom blow inwards to them I assume?

my gpu idles at like 60 lol

tommycompton

spike27z said:
wowza, cooling=pwnd by you.

nice gpu temps, do that fans on the bottom blow inwards to them I assume?

my gpu idles at like 60 lol

ya they do blow inwards. its actually an expansion slot fan card slightly modified to pin to my case like that. i also drilled some holes in my plexi window for better air flow, it actually makes a big difference. the heat sinks on the 7900 gtx's are nice, with these temps i don't think liquid cooling could do much better.

its funny the case i just swapped from is the same aspire case you have. i'll be transplanting my 3400+ system into that one.

and thanks guys for all the props......

Geoff

VIP Member
Very nice!
EDIT: Nevermind, I see you told us in you're previous post.

Last edited:

way2evil

i was looking at that case. how do you like it? hows the quality,space and how hard is the liquid cooling to install?

tommycompton

way2evil said:
i was looking at that case. how do you like it? hows the quality,space and how hard is the liquid cooling to install?
lots of room, i'll never use all those drive bays but its nice for working on and gives you lots of options where you wants to place things. the quality is awesome very rugged and sturdy. its supposed to be light but this thing is a beast but i love it. the liguid cooling was easy to install, it even has places to mount your resevior outside the case and tube slots, i never used either but they are there.
you can even take the front armor off to have a different look if you wish.

the only cons i have is that the onboard sound and firewire cables weren't long enough to reach my mobo unless i wanted them to run right across the mobo. i never use them any way so i just didn,t hook them up, i can't bear to have those wires visible. the usb wires reach no prob i just ran them under my mobo.

way2evil

sounds good. i have another question. how do the 5 1/4 and 3.5 drives work? is there a punch out screen for the floopy drive and you take out the whole thing for a cddrive? also where did you put the switches for the neons?

tommycompton

yup thats how it works, each bay has that option. it has two 3.5 that you can place any where and a 3.5 hd rack of 3 that you can also place anywhere, it also has a 120mm fan mount attached to the hd rack.
the swithch for the case lights was where my pump is now, i just moved it over, its behind my pump.

tommycompton

from a local computer supplier. i know tiger direct has em, probably newegg too. it more of a pricier case but i think its worth it. the front armor is actually brushed aluminum not plastic like lots of other cases. i don't think i would wanna lug this bohemoth to lan parties .

Ku-sama

banned
hey, do you notice that the PhysX is working, i cant seem to see a diffrence... but thats cause i came from a 4000+/6800GS...