Windows 7 GPU and all fans act weirdly after minor changes to PC

Ma-dazz

So I recently replaced a USB hub that was connected internally to the PC with another one (can't exactly name it, it also has some slots for audio, recording and various memory cards like SD), and I had to make some minor changes to make it fit into the PC. What I did:
-removed RAM stick and re-attached it
-changed some 3-pin and 4-pin connections, but didn't add or remove anything in the process
-removed and re-attached HDD SATA cable

But when I started the PC with the new hub in it, my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT) doesn't give my monitor any signal and all my fans are constantly on full speed. My GPU's BIOS (GeForce 9600 GT VGA BIOS, Version 62.94.0D.00.00, more details in screenshot) also doesn't show up at all. However, the GPU works and its fan is on, but cannot be recognized in any possible way through the system. The only solution for me to have a functioning PC is to remove the monitor cable from a white adaptor that connects to the GPU PCI-E slot and connect it to a blue slot, but this still doesn't resolve the very loud fans or the fact that I have to work on Intel HD Graphics to have a working screen.

What I tried so far to fix the problem:
-update the BIOS
-download latest Windows Update updates
-try to recognize GPU through Device Manager ("Scan for hardware changes", "Show hidden devices")
-uninstall graphics card drivers (but can't re-install them because the card is not recognized)
-unplug the USB hub completely to see if it's the culprit (it isn't)

What else is there I can do? I thought about flashing the GPU BIOS, even found the exact version, but am very afraid I will damage the GPU. There is a ton of different BIOSes by different manufacturers out there, and I'm not sure if flashing will work, even if I find the exact version. Does it matter if the manufacturer isn't NVIDIA? Will a BIOS from manufacturer GIGABYTE (my motherboard) work on it? Maybe you can help me with that from this list: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...erface=PCI-E&memType=GDDR3&memSize=512&page=1 , because I'm at a complete loss.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    380.9 KB · Views: 0

_Pete_

I would take everything off that you have added and put everything back as it was. If it still plays up then you have either not put something back as it was or you have damaged something. If it all works as it did then start again and check that your computer works after every step.

Ma-dazz

Follow-up:
Turns out it was most probably a connection issue. Removed it, then put it again on the slot, this time adding one tightened screw near its base where one was missing and making sure the slot's button "clicked" when I put it on again. Don't know if this has to do with anything, but I also removed and put back in its place one plastic thingy on a 3-pin connection that was on the GPU, like the ones that are used on CLR_CMOS to reset the BIOS. Everything seemingly OK now.