GPU coolers dont work

StrangleHold

Staff member
They must have really changed the fan profile for the newer cards. I'm running a older 6950. Its at 44c and the fan is running at 23%

beers

Staff member
I'm running a older 6950. Its at 44c and the fan is running at 23%
Depends on the cooler, the reference one also got pretty toasty before it ramped up it's noisy arse fan.

Using a third party cooler like an Accelero Xtreme was a world of difference, but they aren't particularly cheap.

Billson

I found max temp of 100c for the 370.

http://safetemp.blogspot.com/2016/01/amd-radeon-r7-370-max-temp.html

I will try playing a windowed game later and see if I can watch temp better for when card fans speed up.
Oh thats a great blog. Dont worry about the fans. I guess it was a configuration problem because as soon as I opened the program the fans went to 50%, because I think the program crashed the last time I used it so it was a one time thing. Ill make sure it doesnt happen again. Thanks!

They must have really changed the fan profile for the newer cards. I'm running a older 6950. Its at 44c and the fan is running at 23%
This one does the same. At 50C it goes up to 30%. As I said it was a software problem.

Billson

Hey I contacted a Tech guy from Sapphire and he told me that the max operating temperature is 92C for my card and that from 80C to 85C would be considered overheating. My card was at like 87C for 5-10 minutes. Could that have done any harm? The card is not really malfunctioning so I don't know what to think. What do you think?

Billson

Yeah just a window. The bottom fan is an awesome idea. I only have an EVGA 500(the 80+ , not the bronze) so yes that sounds great. Also need to buy a cpu cooler.