GPU Drivers are kind of annoying

Kitsune

So I haven't been here in years, but I am just curious as to why GPU drivers seem to start screwing up when a new one is released regardless of whether your are online or off line. I tried searching for this answer and I come up with everything but, so if there is an answer, maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If its for your GT120, that sucker is old, need something newer. Also, just because there are newer drivers, doesn't necessarily mean they are better. Some have had to download older drivers in order to do the things they could do before the update.

Kitsune

If its for your GT120, that sucker is old, need something newer. Also, just because there are newer drivers, doesn't necessarily mean they are better. Some have had to download older drivers in order to do the things they could do before the update.

Yeah I gotta change that, I actually traded that desktop years ago for what is now an alienware M17. It has an Nvidia 970m.

But ill give you an example. So like minecraft is the worst with it, if I try to play minecraft I can tell they released an new driver update because I will get crap frame rates or it will just CTD. But the second I update the driver everything is a-okay again.

Not all the time do I have the internet so you can imagine that gets kind of irritating.

Last edited: