danthrax
Member
So I was playing CSS today when all of a sudden everything froze up and the display on the screen became distorted. I was unable to get back to Windows in any way. So I turned off the computer and restarted it, everything started normally, no weird noises, smells, or indications that any hardware had failed. However, the monitor remained asleep, and when I turned off and then turned on the monitor it says on the screen there is no input from the HDMI or VGA (just the HDMI chord was hooked up at this point). So i tried hooking up the VGA cable and encountered the same problem, there was still no signal from the VGA or HDMI ports.
I have encountered an issue similar to this before where the GPU (GeForce 9800 512mb), when put under any amount of stress, would cause the computer to freeze in its tracks. The GPU was replaced under warranty so this is the second 9800 GeForce I've had in this computer.
I'm just curious as to what you guys think the problem could be, like I said I've had issues with this GPU before and have encountered this same distorted screen before freezing up. Is it probably a GPU issue again? Could it be an issue with the monitor? Any advice is appreciated!
I have encountered an issue similar to this before where the GPU (GeForce 9800 512mb), when put under any amount of stress, would cause the computer to freeze in its tracks. The GPU was replaced under warranty so this is the second 9800 GeForce I've had in this computer.
I'm just curious as to what you guys think the problem could be, like I said I've had issues with this GPU before and have encountered this same distorted screen before freezing up. Is it probably a GPU issue again? Could it be an issue with the monitor? Any advice is appreciated!
Last edited: