GPU Overlclocking Recommendations

ToddRYoungblood

Ok, so here is the thing.

I am running 2 9800GT in SLI, and I wan't to max out my performance.
The default clocking speeds for the card is 600/900 (Core/Mem), and I am only running at around 39-44 Celsius. What should I overclock the cards to, to were I am getting great performance, but still keeping it at a safe temp?

I have about as good air cooling as you can get with 2 120cm case fans and each GPU having a fan for itself.

Thanks.

Gamer Enthusiast:
Youngblood

NOTE: I bought one of the best PSUs I could buy for a gaming PC, so don't worry about the PSU.

Last edited:

oregon

You could probably bump the core clock on each to around 700, thats what alot of people have been doing single card. I don't know how SLI affects the overclocking. For me, pretty me much anything over 650 results in occasional crashing, but give it a try. You could also raise the voltage, but I don't know if thats as safe as raising CPU voltage.

Those temps are very low though, so you should have some headroom if you were to raise the voltage.

I say just keep bumping it up yourself and use something like AtiTool to check for artifacts. You don`t want to be any hotter than 90c max load.