GPU Prices Absurd

_Kyle_

So, if you have not noticed, midrange GPU prices have skyrocketed. Why, because of the darn BitCoin and Ethrunium miners. Does anybody have a guess when they will return to normal, as I want to build a computer around this November. The GPU I have been eyeballing is the RX 570 4GB, but as of now it's at RX 580 MSRP.

If prices don't drop I may just get this:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x3DyM8

Last edited:

beers

Staff member
Maybe some decent black friday deals, the difficulty on ETH should continue to rise although with the value of BTC still increased it might be longer than projected.

You can still get top tier cards for around MSRP like the 1080Ti, granted they are fairly expensive/overpriced to begin with. Most mid level cards have a $100-150 premium, such as the 1060 6GB.

_Kyle_

Maybe some decent black friday deals, the difficulty on ETH should continue to rise although with the value of BTC still increased it might be longer than projected.

You can still get top tier cards for around MSRP like the 1080Ti, granted they are fairly expensive/overpriced to begin with. Most mid level cards have a $100-150 premium, such as the 1060 6GB.
I know the expensive ones have not been changed pricewise, but they are too far out of my budget.

_Kyle_

What do you think this will be priced at around November? I may buy most the parts on Black Friday. Also, do you think this list is balanced? I know 250GB of storage is small, but I already have an external 2TB Hardrive, so I am not concerned.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZhKLZ8

beers

Staff member
I'd see what goes on sale and see if you can do an audible on some of the parts. Also, get RAM that's faster than 2133 to help out the infinity fabric.

_Kyle_

Oh yah, I forgot RYZEN required fast RAM. The 470 I selected isn't set in stone, it is just the cheapest at the moment. I just replaced the RAM with some DDR4-3000 ram.

beers

Staff member
Word, yeah that will be the biggest question mark on the GPU front. You could probably slide in a Ryzen 1600 for not too much extra with BF pricing.