GPU Recommendation

mtb211

Hi All,

Long time and no talk. I am looking to get a new desktop and since its impossible to get a GPU at MSRP I just wanted to see your recommendations for a GPU

I was looking to get a RTX 3060ti but I see a lot of AMD products now and I was wondering how the AMD holds up. I am not a fanboy, I just want the best bang for my buck.

I currently am using a 3600x , 32 gigs of Ram with a 1070ti but I can't max out games... for example BFV.

Id like to get an Alienware model and I am leaning AMD again.

What do you all think of a 3060ti or 3070ti? Will that be obsolete in a year? I feel like whenever I get a new GPU I can't max out games.

Thanks in advance and sorry for any spell errors

Matt

Brett_md

I feel you. I'd love to get a 3060 or 3060ti, but as you're discovering, crypto miners and covid have made acquiring a gpu almost impossible, especially at a reasonable price.
I'm sorry I don't have any info for you on the AMD gpu's.
I will say that my wife's pc could use an upgrade too and if you end up needing to get that 1070ti to a good home, hit me up. Lol.

beers

Staff member
I feel like whenever I get a new GPU I can't max out games.
Depends on the game and card tier you go for. 3060 is realistically midrange performance, but it also depends on the game you play.

Otherwise being able to find those is the other challenge. I swapped to the mobile realm since this 6800m was an upgrade to my 1080Ti and the used parts market is still kind of insane.

mtb211

I feel you. I'd love to get a 3060 or 3060ti, but as you're discovering, crypto miners and covid have made acquiring a gpu almost impossible, especially at a reasonable price.
I'm sorry I don't have any info for you on the AMD gpu's.
I will say that my wife's pc could use an upgrade too and if you end up needing to get that 1070ti to a good home, hit me up. Lol.
Thanks, I did not see these responses. I just bit the bullet and bought an Alienware, it took forever to get shipped and it was delayed by fedex

mtb211

Depends on the game and card tier you go for. 3060 is realistically midrange performance, but it also depends on the game you play.

Otherwise being able to find those is the other challenge. I swapped to the mobile realm since this 6800m was an upgrade to my 1080Ti and the used parts market is still kind of insane.
Thanks Beers, I thought the 3060 could max out all 1440p games, I am glad I got the 3080. I got the same CPU that you have , the 5900x, runs really hot