GPU withPSU

danan

Hi i have power supp 580 W and want to buy hd7790 dual fan 1gb edition so my question is would it work on that power supply?
Ive seen a picture in powwer suppls book where they wrote that it have two 6 pin with power of 420 w and other pins with power 160W!!

PSU is Xilence 580W red wing edition

Now i have hd4870 1gb and amd phenom II x6 1090T and it work very good but someone told me that my old hd4870 consume more power than new 7790 is this true and will it work ??

Okedokey

No, that PSU is insufficient. You need to get a better PSU like the CX600 or similar. I wouldn't use that PSU for either GPUs as it is rubbish and underpowered.

SpringWater

No, that PSU is insufficient. You need to get a better PSU like the CX600 or similar. I wouldn't use that PSU for either GPUs as it is rubbish and underpowered.

Do as Okedokey says. I wouldn't use either one of those cards on it simply because it's not the highest quality, but then on the other hand the 7790 does consume less power than the 4870 so if the 4870 works on it the 7790 also should, but I can't guarentee you that your system is going to be stable.

Last edited: