Graphic card opinions for extreme video use

CoolRabbit

I would like your opinions on what the best graphics card for high-end video/graphic editing and performance? I am very confused by all the options and numbers! I do a lot of professional video and graphics work and am looking to upgrade my laptop to something higher-end.

CoolRabbit

I realize that. What I meant was that I was shopping around to have a new laptop built to my specs, and was wondering which video cards would work best for me to have installed in my new laptop.

Darren

Staff member
Is there an absolute requirement for a laptop? You'll get way more power and value for your money with a desktop.

goranpaa

I belive that a laptop motherboard that can house an AMD FX7600P APU would be a good choise. Othervice build yourself a Pc. This will be more flexible for upgrades and give you a better overall performance. Not the least on the graphics side.

Last edited:

CoolRabbit

Thanks! Unfortunately I work from the road a lot, so having a mobile unit is necessary. This is where I am running into problems. Trying to find a laptop that can do what I want is tough, and I am not capable of actually building one myself. I have been looking at the Dell website and haven't found exactly what i need.

CoolRabbit

Thank you! That is definitely not too expensive. It says it has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB graphics card. I was also looking at two others, they had the NvidiaQuadro K2100Mw/2GB GDDR5 and the Nvidia® Quadro® K3100M w/4GB GDDR5 cards (though the one with the k3100 was considerably more expensive). How do all three of these cards compare with each other, for video/graphics use?

goranpaa

Thank you! That is definitely not too expensive. It says it has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB graphics card. I was also looking at two others, they had the NvidiaQuadro K2100Mw/2GB GDDR5 and the Nvidia® Quadro® K3100M w/4GB GDDR5 cards (though the one with the k3100 was considerably more expensive). How do all three of these cards compare with each other, for video/graphics use?

You're welcome. The NVidia Quadros are the best videocards for CAD and similar work. The "normal" videocards are more for gaming, photo / video editing for example.